Colnago Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Is it the sort of quality frame you'd expect to see; i.e. double-butted Columbus? I can't believe how little clearance there is between the tyre and the seat tube. Looks like if you picked up a bit of sticky tarmac from the road, it would touch the frame!
The Master frame I alluded to above has absolutely no serial numbers on it anywhere, and no sign of any having been filed off. I even checked the forks where they go inside the head tube. It's extremely light though, definitely not a gas pipe dressed up snide copy.

Can i answer that once i have ridden it please

Re the rear tyre clearance , the rear drop out adjusting screws are fully out so once they are screwed in a bit that will give a bit more clearance

Yup, that looks every inch a Colnago Sport and a really nice find :smile:

For comparison, here's one just like it in Germany. View attachment 411200

that looks nice

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Quick update , bottom bracket sorted and fitted , crank fitted , mechanisms fitted , calipers loosely fitted paintwork had first t cut .

IMG_20180613_205124556.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What does it ride like? Short wheelbase and steep geometry suggests it would not be a very easy-going experience. Nice looking bike but I bet it would feel too twitchy for my liking!

Well it seems to ride very nice although not really pushed it hard yet , it doesn't seem twitchy so far but early days

Very very nice. I can see the potential of a beautiful machine.

just a shame the paintwork is shabby but then that's the appeal

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I reckon @Cycleops did you a right good turn finding that one. Real class for BSO money. Old steel machines are just so much prettier than anything made today. So what if it's a little bit shabby? Just means you won't be overly precious about it so will choose to ride it more than a minter you'd be frightened to scratch.
People just don't want them down here due to the roads or very often lack of them. MTBs are the ride of choice.

Top Bottom