Combination pedals: any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i have been using a set of bbb combo pedals for a year now. i found they are great for riding to work and also riding out at night & weekends. i agree with mr cheese in that the clipped side does drop to the downside when not clipped in and can lead to some fun starts especially on uphill starts. all things aside i have done a lot of miles & sportives clipped into these pedals i swapped them from my trek fx7.5 to my 1.5 road bike. used with mt bike shoes they are very comfortable. good luck with your chioce hope this helped.

jay clock

Massive member
several pairs of M324 - excellent. Also now have the A530 model on one bike. I think these are much lighter. However I rode them in ice using my MTB shoes and the lack of serrations like the M324 meant I slipped off them forwards and crunched my ankle bone on the crank. Still bruised now.

Norry1

Legendary Member
several pairs of M324 - excellent. Also now have the A530 model on one bike. I think these are much lighter. However I rode them in ice using my MTB shoes and the lack of serrations like the M324 meant I slipped off them forwards and crunched my ankle bone on the crank. Still bruised now.

Do the cleats for the M324 fit the A530? I'm not sure how many different types of cleats/fittings there are.

Martin

Downward

Guru
I have them on Hybrid - 99% of the time clipped in but sometimes your just pootling between jobs in your shoes. Not the easiest to ride in shoes but for the small amount of time you do it's fine. Work ok with trainers too

I tried single sided touring pedals as I wanted a platform for trainers and something light(ish)

447415.jpg

However I found that cleats gouged bifg dents out of the non clip side, so replaced them with a flat sided pedal which is more comfortable and easier to use

jay clock

Massive member
Firstly yes, the A530 and M324 pedals both work with the same type of standard SPD cleats

However I found that cleats gouged bifg dents out of the non clip side, so replaced them with a flat sided pedal which is more comfortable and easier to use

I have MTB SPD shoes with recessed cleats and no such problem.

petmcgratt

I use them on a single speed road bike and clip into them when I am out doing my own personal training and use the other side with ordinary trainers when i take the same bike out with the kids. Learnt my lesson when i took my eldest boy (age 5 at the time) on his bike while using my racing bike and being clipped into the pedals.

Unknowinglty my son decided to cross my path and clipped my front wheel. i ended in a heap on the pavement because I couldn't get my foot unclipped quick enough.

Good versatile pedal!!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I find the flat side of A530's to be near unusable regardless of what shoes I'm wearing. It just offers no grip. When wearing cleats in mtb shoes my feet just skate off the flat side if I apply any pressure and the cleats scratch the finish quite badly.

not a problem with the M324's.

tbh these days I always wear cycling mtb shoes so singlesided is a bit of a waste

Top Bottom