Commentators on tob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgs315

I like the tour of britain but I cannot get on with the current commentators.For me they are not really interesting and it is a really boring input.I don't usually moan but it's dire coverage on the highlights.Dont wish to offend though.

ITV or Eurosport?

D

Deleted member 26715

It does make you wonder sometimes who chose these people & their mindset for doing so, the beardy one isn't too bad needs a bit more caffeine before he starts, Yanto seems a nice guy but he just needs to loosen up a bit, but I think it's his first attempt so bound to be nervous.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5374241, member: 9609"]record it then watch it back at double speed - this is what I do with the football, not only do you not have to put up with the commentary bu the players look a bit less lazy. I don't watch cycling but I guess the same would apply[/QUOTE]
I never watch it live, 60 minutes shrinks to maximum 20 minutes on record.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well today they have explained running big-big will stretch your chain.....

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Already posted in the ToB thread about this. (On ITV 4) The commentary is terrible. Rob Hayles is just about acceptable but the other guy is really dire. I can't watch for more than a couple of minutes at a time. The visual coverage is bad too, pulling away just as something starts to happen, and the ad breaks seem to be timed to be at the very worst moments - and as for the daytime ads, equally dire. All in all a very amateur feel to the whole affair. The ITV4 Vuelta coverage on the other hand is a pleasure to watch.

T4tomo

Guru
Already posted in the ToB thread about this. (On ITV 4) The commentary is terrible. Rob Hayles is just about acceptable but the other guy is really dire. I can't watch for more than a couple of minutes at a time. The visual coverage is bad too, pulling away just as something starts to happen, and the ad breaks seem to be timed to be at the very worst moments - and as for the daytime ads, equally dire. All in all a very amateur feel to the whole affair. The ITV4 Vuelta coverage on the other hand is a pleasure to watch.
Indeedthe contrast between Vuelta and ToB coverags, by the same ITV4 channel is night and day.

I particularly enjoyed the Spanish Message to Rudi play out the over day.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Indeedthe contrast between Vuelta and ToB coverags, by the same ITV4 channel is night and day.

I particularly enjoyed the Spanish Message to Rudi play out the over day.
And today a Burt Reynolds tribute!

Neither programme is made by ITV4 IIRC. The Vuelta coverage is by v2tv who also do the Tour de France and what spring classics highlights ITV4 shows, while ToB is basically by the race organiser's choice which has been Century TV in past years but I've not checked this year.

Commentators are ex-Sky Marty MacDonald (www.martymactv.com) and ex-pro Rob Hayles, presenters ex-newsreader Matt Barbet and ex-pro Yanto Barker. I think some of the interviews have been done by Rebecca Charlton. None of them are newcomers. That's just how they are. Matt is a bit love/hate and IMO corny when recorded but is an unflappable genius on live shows.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Is Phil Liggett still on TV? He lost most of his credibility defending that rogue Armstrong when everyone else had abandoned him. Trivia: my mum used to sit next to him at work in the 1960s. Phil, not Lance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom