Comments On - Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

I find the Found a Bargain? Do Tell. thead well worth looking at and am wondering if this thead makes sense?

The idea is for it to be a place for discussing a particular bargain without diluting the main thread, so when there is a new entry on that thread it is a new bargain. Not me ranting on about how 1x5 from the 1970s were the best.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/found-a-bargain-do-tell.16260/post-7059454

Surprising that it is listed without a reserve unless the plan is to pull it if the bids don't go high enough.

I find the listing a bit sad as it also highlights other unopened box Choppers, which seem to have bought to flip.

I wonder how many went to people who actually rode them?

The flippers' Raleigh 40th Aniversary bikes have now disappeared from Ebay, I wonder if they sold them and at what price or gave up.

There was a quite moving listing, deceased husband's almost unused bike and the seller was looking for £2,000, did that find a sympathy buyer, as they were available new at £1,250 in a clearance sale.

Bye

Ian

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Good thinking @IanSmithCSE
I have made this thread a pinned one, so that it stays with the "found a bargain" thread.

Mike_P

Guru
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/found-a-bargain-do-tell.16260/post-7059454

Surprising that it is listed without a reserve unless the plan is to pull it if the bids don't go high enough.

I find the listing a bit sad as it also highlights other unopened box Choppers, which seem to have bought to flip.

I wonder how many went to people who actually rode them?

The flippers' Raleigh 40th Aniversary bikes have now disappeared from Ebay, I wonder if they sold them and at what price or gave up.

That 1p listed chopper sold for for £935 so the seller lost money. Maybe by £82.66 at least once fees are levied (if no reduced eBay fees) assuming their purchase had no postage charge involved

vickster

Legendary Member
Onbuy are reputable though!? Ohh well hit button now so we will see.

Errr aren’t they Just a Chinese reseller like AE, Wish etc or Amazon marketplace without the support of an enormous organisation? Did you check the name of the seller? MENGJIE.
If concerned about fakes from eBay or Amazon, I'd certainly have the same ref Onbuy

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Ohhh my days, I’ve been robbed. It will go on the smart turbo bike and be waxed so hopefully be fine.

Well not really, it was a tenner

Top Bottom