Comments On - Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Even your powder is fake as it should be PTFE aka Teflon

My bad. :/

Milzy

Guru
The rollers are much thinner than the non fake ones. It’s a shock how bad a fake it really is. When you split the roller at the end just falls out.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Something wrong with bikebargains.co.uk. I saw a Tiagra groupset offer for £130 a few days ago, it w as s a dead wiggle link but is still listed today.

Milzy

Guru
Something wrong with bikebargains.co.uk. I saw a Tiagra groupset offer for £130 a few days ago, it w as s a dead wiggle link but is still listed today.

So did I. Used that gruppo on holiday I was impressed at that price point.

Good morning,

@Boopop - https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/found-a-bargain-do-tell.16260/post-7080947

I had a similar issue, https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/m...butor-into-administration.290871/post-7076437 and I wouldn't be suprised if they refused to accept the returns and argue that what they sent fufilled the order as that is what they did with me.

Your card company will probably expect that you to have tried to resolve the situation so you may have to go through the motions of having a discussion.

I also ordered two tyres, they sent one, but they did send the second after I informed them, the other 9 orders they got right.

It may be that the person writing the description doesn't realise that wheelset has a meaning in cycling beyond what a set means in more general terms. But mentioning the cassette size is problematical for them if they plan to send front wheels as it is not relevant.

I haven't been contaced by John Pye since making the chargeback, nor did they cancel my account or anything else. So I suspect that they regard this as just part of the cost of doing business and it is cheaper to ignore and accept chargebacks. As they won't respond I still have the two front wheels and can't arrange their return.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Good morning,

In the last few days they removed my account's ability to bid, but still haven't contacted me regarding the wheel issue.

I don't resent them cancelling/suspending an account of someone who did a card charge back but as I have been getting invoice and out bid emails I know they do have the correct email address.

So will they now move on to paper and stamps and solicitors or just leave it at that, only time will tell?

I do still have a couple of items paid for but not yet delivered, but these are well within the normal delivery timescale

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Watch out for deals on wiggle/CRC vitus 30% off. Be ok if you was in the market for another N+1.
It’s looking like they won’t be saved and will sell all stock off soon.

albion

Guru
It is as much the holding company I think.

Caused by cough cough with a C, and B which that often stiff thing you push open when you Leave.
Credit card payment is a must though.

Milzy

Guru
It is as much the holding company I think.

Caused by cough cough with a C, and B which that often stiff thing you push open when you Leave.
Credit card payment is a must though.

For sure, think you can pay with PayPal so that should be secure too.

Boopop

Guru
Good morning,

In the last few days they removed my account's ability to bid, but still haven't contacted me regarding the wheel issue.

I don't resent them cancelling/suspending an account of someone who did a card charge back but as I have been getting invoice and out bid emails I know they do have the correct email address.

So will they now move on to paper and stamps and solicitors or just leave it at that, only time will tell?

I do still have a couple of items paid for but not yet delivered, but these are well within the normal delivery timescale

Bye

Ian

Huh, I wonder why we had different experiences. They took a while to get back to me, and I called the Pye centre (or whatever they're called!) a couple of times to chase up what was happening. Anyway, eventually they did look in to it, owned up to their mistake, and the front wheels are being collected tomorrow via DPD. I just need to tape the box up. Sorry you didn't have a better experience.

Good morning,
Huh, I wonder why we had different experiences. They took a while to get back to me, and I called the Pye centre (or whatever they're called!) a couple of times to chase up what was happening. Anyway, eventually they did look in to it, owned up to their mistake, and the front wheels are being collected tomorrow via DPD. I just need to tape the box up. Sorry you didn't have a better experience.
I am pleased that it was resolved for you, have you had a refund, been promised a refund or are they shipping some rear wheels?

I have no idea why the response was different, initially I wondered if someone had pressed the "issue resolved button" by mistake, they are shipping a lot of orders and SNAFUs happen:sad:, but this doesn't account for not following up a charge back.

It could also be that I was one of the early complainers and they thought; what's he on about. Maybe as more people complained for the same reason it dawned on them that there was an issue with the wording.

Whatever they lost on the wheels has been more than offset by the fact that I have been the 2nd highest bidder on a number of items so not only can I not buy anything else but the sale price of a number of items was probably higher than it would have been had I not bid.

If they don't respond to the latest use of the Contact Us form telling them that they need to arrange collect the wheels and raise a new invoice as the chargeback also covered a non disputed item then I have spent as much time trying to resolve this as I want to...... and will have 2 front wheels for free that I have no use for.

It is surprising that the site doesn't have a message feature as it is much easier to track issues when they are all in one place rather than in separate emails.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Good morning.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/found-a-bargain-do-tell.16260/post-7107558

They've just redone their website at a huge cost. I can't believe they've not checked it for working with iPhones? It's not your end is it ?
That's a philisopical question and is why I added the It's like going back to the 1990s.:smile:
  • Is it my end because I am using an iPhone 5s?
  • Is it their end because they don't support the Safari browser on that model?
It's an online shopping site so it's not as if there are great technical requirements, in fact they even went as far as rebuilding the site to be a social media destination rather than an all singing and dancing marketing site.

I would be sympathetic to sorry you can't shop as your browser only supports an obsolete security protocol that would be my problem but not to search doesn't work, expanders don't open and pictures don't load.

Sure I could spend a few hundred quid replacing my phone with one that works with their sales tool:laugh: but I am not going to.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Top Bottom