Commercial vehicles that make you smile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw a very mucky lorry going up the motorway a few years ago. Someone had written:

"WANTED: Two YTS trainees to act as mudflaps. Must be willing to travel."

on the back doors. :smile:

Oh, and when the Hutton Report exonerating the government of any blame whatsoever for David Kelly's suicide, was published, I was driving an all - white artic. I remember writing on the back doors "Paintwork by Lord Hutton" which remains my only piece of political grafitti.

Gains

Few years back i saw a filthy WVM with:

"FREE ARTHUR FOWLER" scrawled on the back which made me laugh.

Cubist

Still wavin'
There's a plumber in Leeds, his van always makes me smile. It's signwritten "Titus Aduxas, Plumbing engineer"

Which Tanker company has the simple cartoon camel on it? I love the expression on the camel's face.

NigC

Cubist said:
There's a plumber in Leeds, his van always makes me smile. It's signwritten "Titus Aduxas, Plumbing engineer"

Which Tanker company has the simple cartoon camel on it? I love the expression on the camel's face.

I had to read that 3 times before I got it :smile: Nice :ohmy:

jimboalee

In Brum, there was the Ridgid Tool Co.

On their vans in big signwriting was

"Happiness is Ridgid Tool".

jimboalee

Great, aren't they. They used to have 4 of them, and they're Bedford Rascals in disguise. Don't know where they are now.

As far as I know, they are in a hangar on a disused Airfield near Gaydon in Warwickshire.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Norbert Dentressangle..just the name makes me smile:smile:

Oh and this truck, which was parked up next to a theatre in Peterborugh.

trucking.jpg

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I like the fisherman's van at Wells Quay in Norfolk which says in huge letters ''DEFRA sucks, but they ain't Fisherman's friends'' on it. Class.

fiddle*r seems to be quite a common surname in Germany/ Austria and I remember seeing loads of vans with that name on them. There is also a town in Germany called 'W*nk'. Every other business in the high street is 'w*nk autos' or 'W*nk' cafe/ library/ newsagents etc. It's a Viz reader's dream.

Cubist

Still wavin'
siadwell said:
British Industrial Sand, I believe.

By Jove I think you're right. A quick google shows they merged with Hepworths in Penistone, and that comes crashing back. The camel is on Hepworth Tankers when I've seen it.

Another funny is the boat in Whitby "Shy Torque"

Top Bottom