Commercial vehicles that make you smile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Years ago a shop called Nothing opened in Oxford's covered market selling jumpers. A few years on, they opened an adjacent shop selling trendy hippyish clothes: Next to Nothing. A while after that, another, for kids clothes - Two Foot Nothing.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
...they could offer a service whereby they electrocute you or creep up on you and shout "boo!"...

OP
OP
M

Molecule Man

Uncle Phil said:
When I used to work in Hereford, there was a quarry company that ran a fleet of tippers, all painted with the logo NASH ROCKS.

When I went back for another season's work, the company had obviously branched out into other building materials, because they now also had flatbeds marked up NASH BLOCKS.

We amused ourselves by guessing what other businesses they might move into. Horology? Hosiery? Masculine poultry? Shipping terminals? Lady's clothing? Scotsmen for hire...

Smoked salmon? (Sorry if that's been done already).

dondare

Über Member
Today I saw I Smart car with darkened windows and a company logo fail to stop a red light (although traffic in lanes both sides had already stopped) disconcerting several pedestrians who were crossing. The logo that the car was plastered with was "Clearview".
Not really so funny but somewhat ironic.

Leggy

I once saw a builder's ute with the company name "Unlimited Erections".

And there's a beat-up old panelvan parked near my house with the sticker:
Answer my prayers, steal this car.

BenM

Veteran
On a hand painted matt black Ford Transit, currently having its Hi-Top DIY converted to a conventional roof... "Is it cos I is Matt?"

NigC

OK, so not a van, but a road sign we all see from time-to-time: "Heavy Plant Crossing" - always makes me imagine a trifid is just around the corner :troll:

NigC

I saw a very odd advertisement on a van over the weekend:

The entire side-panel add was stuck on upside down: company name, number, fax and a few other details :thumbsup: Grabbed my attention, but made it impossible to make a quick note if I'd wanted their services :smooch:

Arch

Married to Night Train
NigC said:
I saw a very odd advertisement on a van over the weekend:

The entire side-panel add was stuck on upside down: company name, number, fax and a few other details :sad: Grabbed my attention, but made it impossible to make a quick note if I'd wanted their services :biggrin:

I was on a train, going past fort Dunlop, just before B'ham New St, and noticed they had big letters stuck in the windows advertising fortdunlop.com.

Except the m of com was upside down, so it said fordunlop.cow.

Armegatron

Went to my local Skoda dealer recently, and spotted a car round the back that must have been going to scrap... Someone had written on the window in large letters

S koda
crap

The S large enough to spell Skoda Scrap but could also read the obvious... :blush:

Top Bottom