Commercial vehicles that make you smile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
jimboalee said:
In Brum, there was the Ridgid Tool Co.

On their vans in big signwriting was

"Happiness is Ridgid Tool".

Beaver Wetsuits in Huddersfield has "Happiness is a Wet beaver" on their works van.

Ste T.

Guru
In Bootle on merseyside there is a tyre fitters called "Farther Treads" and
in Formby you often see a window cleaners van going around with the name
"Monsieur Corners"

OP
OP
M

Molecule Man

I think they are local to south-east London, I often see skip lorries from the firms 'Joy Skips' and 'Pain Skips'. On one marvellous occasion, my girlfriend spotted a skip from each firm next to each other.

j66

Of course, there are the 'MAN Parts' delivery vans... only ever seen one, though.

During the fuel strikes in September 2001, when Michael Meacher was Environment Minister and Blair and Prescott were sharing the running of the country between them, I saw three lorries parked up next to each other in Walsall. They were operated by Blair International Transport, Prescott Transport and Meacher Logistics, or something like. Made me regret that I didn't have a camera, it'd have been good for Private Eye.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
This isn't my find - someone else posted this recently, but I thought it was stunning...

2eefvgz.jpg

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Glow worm said:
fiddle*r seems to be quite a common surname in Germany/ Austria and I remember seeing loads of vans with that name on them. There is also a town in Germany called 'W*nk'. Every other business in the high street is 'w*nk autos' or 'W*nk' cafe/ library/ newsagents etc. It's a Viz reader's dream.

Nearly every squaddie that served in Germany has a photo of themselves stood next to the town sign of
DSCN0061.jpg
..usually obscuring the US bit...or the
wankbahn_1.jpg
down in Bavaria:biggrin:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
When I used to work in Hereford, there was a quarry company that ran a fleet of tippers, all painted with the logo NASH ROCKS.

When I went back for another season's work, the company had obviously branched out into other building materials, because they now also had flatbeds marked up NASH BLOCKS.

We amused ourselves by guessing what other businesses they might move into. Horology? Hosiery? Masculine poultry? Shipping terminals? Lady's clothing? Scotsmen for hire...

Uncle Phil said:
When I used to work in Hereford, there was a quarry company that ran a fleet of tippers, all painted with the logo NASH ROCKS.

When I went back for another season's work, the company had obviously branched out into other building materials, because they now also had flatbeds marked up NASH BLOCKS.

We amused ourselves by guessing what other businesses they might move into. Horology? Hosiery? Masculine poultry? Shipping terminals? Lady's clothing? Scotsmen for hire...

... door securing devices, a single cardboard storage device, a large beast of burden, German white wines ...

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I can see you've had the same experience and the same train of thought.

Funny what your mind broods on when you're stuck behind a lorry on a wiggly lane.

Biological weapons, things to stop aeroplanes blowing away, earthenware containers, large assemblages of birds...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Fun game this... how about Photocopying services, timekeeping devices, Austrian handguns...

Edit - Ooops, just noticed the Horology one has been done

Top Bottom