Commonwealth Cycle team spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billymcq2

Out on Saturday morning I passed the England mens team, a womans team who didn't have any team kit on, looked African/Carribbean and the Ghana (I think) mens team. On the way to work this morning I saw another mens team but I couldn't read the writing on the kit, thought it looked like the Kenyan flag but not 100% sure and one guy on his own from Guernsey. I'm a couple of miles along a big straight road away from the athletes village, will try and get out a bit more this week.

And the only ones that waved back were the Ghana team!

Brandane

Legendary Member
I will be in Glasgow today on my hybrid, wearing a Jamaica football top (bought for 1998 World cup, and qualify to wear it having lived and gone to school there for 7 years). Try not to mistake me for an athlete :laugh:.
Was up the other day wearing the same top and got stopped by a group of Jamaicans for a chat. They weren't part of the team, but are performing in a show at the Tin Pot theatre. Maybe Usain Bolt will run past me today since he's in town!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

billymcq2

Nah, scalped the lot of the filthy sassenachs and shouted FREEEDOM at them! :laugh:

They were all on the other side of the road from me, apart from the Guernsey guy, I caught him at lights today but I was turning left as he was going straight on.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Team Belize spotted on Castle St on my homeward commute.

My office sits on the road race route, but no team jerseys seen on campus yet.

Top Bottom