Commonwealth Games anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The route is terrible, all the roads I that are used by local cyclists to get out of the area to more interesting roads. It will include tight roundabouts, speed humps, potholes and is basically flat. Should be a good race.
Yup, that's what matters - good road-race circuits rarely make good leisure routes! (and as Poland/Burgo have shown, hills aren't always such a great idea :sad: )

Chislenko

Veteran
I can't watch any more of it, the bias is just rediculous.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
What a fantastic evening at the Commonwealth Games.... 👍

Lots of great athletics to watch and cheer on. The atmosphere inside the stadium was amazing.

img_20220806_012118_999-jpg.jpg

img-20220806-wa0004-jpg.jpg

img_20220805_195545-jpg.jpg

img_20220805_171221-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
I notice "fastest losers" are now called "fastest non automatic qualifiers"

Is this so their feelings aren't hurt?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi both deserve Gold medals for their performance.

Two Birmingham boys done good.

:okay: Ozzy still had decent amount of power in his voice, by contrast Kevin Roland was a pale shadow of his former self

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
1. The marathons (FW, MW, F & M) went past my front door, twice. Made it very difficult to miss them!
2. Although I live in Birmingham, I took my son down to London to watch a track session. Saw Laura Kenny win gold. Again. She must like it when I am there.
2.5. The whole family went to see The Bull on Thursday evening. Judging from the TV pictures, I'm glad we didn't go on Saturday.
3. Hockey. Rude not to, as it was roughly 15 mins walk from my house, and at my old University, so I got to show my son where I studied and graduated.
4. Closing ceremony. Was that really Ozzy Osborne? Went with my Cameroon friend (part of the Commonwealth, apparently, despite never being a British Colony).

It was great having the Commonwealth here in Birmingham. Although I may be a bit biased, I think Birmingham did very well. The weather certainly helped, but so many comments from people stating how it was so much better than they had expected (visitors regarding the city, locals regarding the organisation). Just need to get the city finished, now (hold on - another bit is getting tired and shabby - better get going on that too). And the crowd control coming out of the stadium last night was superb. Walked a long way to get to the buses (mostly back and forth), but as soon as we got to the front, a bus pulled up and we all piled on.

1. The marathons (FW, MW, F & M) went past my front door, twice. Made it very difficult to miss them!
2. Although I live in Birmingham, I took my son down to London to watch a track session. Saw Laura Kenny win gold. Again. She must like it when I am there.
2.5. The whole family went to see The Bull on Thursday evening. Judging from the TV pictures, I'm glad we didn't go on Saturday.
3. Hockey. Rude not to, as it was roughly 15 mins walk from my house, and at my old University, so I got to show my son where I studied and graduated.
4. Closing ceremony. Was that really Ozzy Osborne? Went with my Cameroon friend (part of the Commonwealth, apparently, despite never being a British Colony).

It was great having the Commonwealth here in Birmingham. Although I may be a bit biased, I think Birmingham did very well. The weather certainly helped, but so many comments from people stating how it was so much better than they had expected (visitors regarding the city, locals regarding the organisation). Just need to get the city finished, now (hold on - another bit is getting tired and shabby - better get going on that too). And the crowd control coming out of the stadium last night was superb. Walked a long way to get to the buses (mostly back and forth), but as soon as we got to the front, a bus pulled up and we all piled on.

I did see somewhere that the public transport had worked really well ? Congratulations to all involved.

Spartak