Commonwealth Games anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Such an innocuous little fall too.

Just out of interest who came third, I assume the two New Zealand chaps came one and two but then there was a three way battle for third. Unfortunately with half a lap to go the All Inclusive BBC discriminated against those of us without a Smart TV and switched the finish to iPlayer!

vickster

Legendary Member
Just out of interest who came third, I assume the two New Zealand chaps came one and two but then there was a three way battle for third. Unfortunately with half a lap to go the All Inclusive BBC discriminated against those of us without a Smart TV and switched the finish to iPlayer!

You can also stream iplayer on a phone, PC, tablet 👍🏻

OP
OP
Mo1959

Mo1959

Legendary Member

The Namibian

6310E9F9-C170-478C-87E9-5804DA48FCA8.png

No spare bike for the Scottish chap in the Mountain Biking?

Mechanic having to fit a new rear mech and chain whilst the rider just has to hang around, poor lad was on for the bronze before his mishap.

Bike changes aren't allowed in MTB events. The mechanics can fix things in the technical area so they COULD have put a new mech on if they'd been ready for that. I think they just turned him into a single speed to get to the finish.

If you go onto the iPlayer now they have the MTB event as a separate program. And have it from start to finish. The attack is at 94mins into the program.

Chislenko

Veteran
Bike changes aren't allowed in MTB events. The mechanics can fix things in the technical area so they COULD have put a new mech on if they'd been ready for that. I think they just turned him into a single speed to get to the finish.

Right, I didn't know about no bike changes, probably the first time I have ever watched mountain biking, can't say I'll be in a hurry to watch it again to be honest, didn't do a lot for me.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member

It switched to BBC2, as was explained just before the switch - only about 30 seconds was missed

OP
OP
Mo1959

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Why do they keep showing reruns of earlier stuff when there’s live races on. :sad:

Right, I didn't know about no bike changes, probably the first time I have ever watched mountain biking, can't say I'll be in a hurry to watch it again to be honest, didn't do a lot for me.

I used to race MTB. Small races are a lot more fun than something like the Cwealth Games. The field is too small and too varied.

First time I raced at Cannock Chase the start was downhill on grass and then a sharp left. It was wet. It was carnage. It was brilliant.

Top Bottom