Commute parking - snotty windscreen note..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Not all the residents it seems. Hence the note on the windscreen.

Again, that's a part of percieved issue.

for all the OP knows, presuming he's only there for a few minutes each morning and few more later on that day, he can't really know what the other residents do or don't think.

It's a fair point. But a note left on only one car would hint at such.

I'm bowing out of this thread now. As said up thread, it's time to take a chill pill and maybe stop poking the OP into yet more defense. Whether percieved, you agree with him or not, he's made it clear he feels like its turned into an attack on him for daring to leave a wheel on the walkway. Apart from that, he appears to have done nothing wrong.

Anyway, peace out people ✌️

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
And was the note written on vellum?

Chiselled into stone tablets; I believe from the photos that have come out

ancient-greek.jpg

Kingfisher101

Über Member
You need to park somewhere else Wafter, they will end up damaging your car really badly like throwing paint all over it or hitting every panel with a hammer etc. No one will see anything either. Be sensible and just move it.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If only there were markings on the road to show how much of the car needs to be on the road to avoid blocking the pavement like we have round here...
1697752601797.png

(Yes, that is the cycle lane ^_^)

Late to the thread but on the first page the OP responded with a pos comment when someone posted in support with a similar tone as the OP. It made me think that the OP didn't want opinions just support and verification that he's right.

Imho there's no right only two sides of which we got one only. I can think of a few reasons the residents or someone associated with them. Back in the day my grandparents lived in a street two houses from the main road with shops on it. One had terminal cancer and the other was close to breaking. They were fortunate in that they had macmillans and Marie curie nurses, gp and volunteer relief care coming to visit them often throughout the week. They could not park on the driveway as it's shared so visitors had to park on the road. Deliveries of oxygen bottles and equipment ideally needed close parking but often shoppers and short term parkers prevented that.

Near to them there was a railway station and the roads around were full of parking commuters using the train. Where I live now there's a direct train route to Manchester Airport. We often get parked cars left for one or two weeks while people are away on their holidays. Visitors to us have to park elsewhere. It does wind you up because we, my neighbours and I, know that you can get a weeks parking near the airport for less than two sets of train tickets there, except on certain times if prebooked a while before travelling.

That's all annoying but tbh I just treat them as chicanes slowing down the speeding motorists found past our house. A 20mph zone but cars at times accelerate from the junction a few hundred metres away and easily going over 30mph at our house. Boy racers and big but quick and expensive SUV drivers.

Whatever the OP says if you have upset the local decency might suggest a move to another area to park. Personally I'd look at an official park and ride carpark but that's not for everyone.

Seevio

Guru

It is not the act of being parked on a footway that is illegal, it is the fact that people have driven their vehicle there to do so that is an offence. In case I need to make myself clear, in order to park on the footway, you most likely have to drive your car over the footway to get there and it is that part that is the problem. Once the vehicle is there, blockages aside, it not causing a further offence outside of London.

IANAL but I suspect that if the authorities really wanted to prosecute someone, the beyond reasonable doubt thing would require the defendant to show that they had moved their car to the footway by crane or airlift rather than just driving there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom