Commute parking - snotty windscreen note..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A view held by those who don't have cars, or those who have a private driveway I'm sure! So I guess you park your bike up half a mile from your house, or the shop you want to go in as you're so courtious of other people's space? What if your supermarket doesn't have designated bicycle spaces? You've never secured your bicycle on a pavement intended for the sole use of pedestrians? I find that hard to believe

You’ve come to a conclusion on a number of imagined scenarios there, quite an achievement!

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Probably when the person who has done the harm shows a little contrition and mea culpa for parking in a hugely inconsiderate and thoughtless way. My neighbour uses a wheel chair. Sometimes she has to cross horrible roads which is really not easy because of people like you. I'm sure they've only done it the once too.

The first thing on her mind when she finds the pathway blocked by an inconsiderate driver is that she prays the person isn't upset by a note they receive....the real victim here.
Again, as per previous posts I parked in the way that I did because I gave thought and consideration as to how this would be least impactful. As apparently misguided this may have been and apparently unforgivably, mortally offensive as some have found my actions.

Had I parked fully on the road it would have significantly narrowed the space in the centre of the road left between my vehicle and that on the pavement opposite. Parking as I did caused no further restriction to pavement space as there was already a vehicle on the pavement directly infront of where I parked. The other cars on the street were also parked half-on the pavement, so I assumed this to be the norm in this area and followed suit, again in an effort to be least impactful. Of the spaces available this seemed to offer the least visual / physical obstruction to other road users, rather than parking further up the road and creating a chicane with the existing vehicles.

I may or may not have made an error of judgement and that's on me, however again to portray me as some selfish, thoughtless scumbag on account of said decision that was made with the best of intentions is entirely unjustified and its relentless pursuit increasingly pathetic tbh.

Last edited:

Hicky

Guru
I'd say if you want your car to be damaged continue to park where you usually do, unfortunately that is where it will head if the householders are all friends and equally upset. If not, park somwhere else, even for a short period.
There are eejits amongst the community and you'll rub shoulders with them often.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'd just like to say that I am outraged that people are needlessly outraged by my own needless outrage despite my giving thought and consideration as to whether to become outraged in the first place, and I am particularly outraged at the hyperbolic portrayal of me as a child murdering genocidally intent neanderthal scumbag (a direct quote!).

I simply cannot understand why the heinous, murderous application of a handwritten note to my vehicle in clear contravention of the Geneva conventions hasn't invoked more sympathy from you appalling bullies.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Where did anybody say or imply that you are a scumbag, OP? The only insults I have seen on this thread have come from you. Just accept that you aren't going to get the sympathy you came looking for here because there are two sides to most things and move on.

Lack of sympathy is fine, the character assassination I'm less keen on..

markemark

Über Member
Again, as per previous posts I parked in the way that I did because I gave thought and consideration as to how this would be least impactful. As apparently misguided this may have been and apparently unforgivably, mortally offensive as some have found my actions.

Had I parked fully on the road it would have significantly narrowed the space in the centre of the road left between my vehicle and that on the pavement opposite. Parking as I did caused no further restriction to pavement space as there was already a vehicle on the pavement directly infront of where I parked. The other cars on the street were also parked half-on the pavement, so I assumed this to be the norm in this area and followed suit, again in an effort to be least impactful. Of the spaces available this seemed to offer the least visual / physical obstruction to other road users, rather than parking further up the road and creating a chicane with the existing vehicles.

I may or may not have made an error of judgement and that's on me, however again to portray me as some selfish, thoughtless scumbag on account of said decision that was made with the best of intentions is entirely unjustified and its relentless pursuit increasingly pathetic tbh.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, all the other people who parked there on the pavement were entitled, selfish anti social drivers too.

Last edited:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Again, as per previous posts I parked in the way that I did because I gave thought and consideration as to how this would be least impactful.

The same amount of thought and consideration as the other motorists, who also parked half on the pavement.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Isn't that part of the point he's trying to get accross? That the residents appear to be OK with each other parking on the pavement? So the actual issue is he doesn't live on that road.
Not all the residents it seems. Hence the note on the windscreen. Also, how can anyone be sure that the other cars all belonged to people who live in the street?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Isn't that part of the point he's trying to get accross? That the residents appear to be OK with each other parking on the pavement? So the actual issue is he doesn't live on that road.

for all the OP knows, presuming he's only there for a few minutes each morning and few more later on that day, he can't really know what the other residents do or don't think.

alicat

Legendary Member

I note you haven't answered my question as to who called you a scumbag. And while you are at it, could you say where your character has been called into question as opposed to your actions.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Are you serious?

Have a look back at these comments of yours, and these are just from your opening post!
The shouty Karen apparently responsible for the note

went on to explain how she allegedly couldn't get her double-little-baby-asbo carrier past the car

I refuse to bow to the irrational, self-entitled demands of some delusional curtain-twitcher.

my mystery accuser is clearly unhinged

this muppet lacks the balls to speak to me directly

confront whichever sad little individual is responsible

Pity we have to share a world with such knobheads

If you are going to complain about ‘character assassination’ on here, let’s see actual quotes directed at you personally (and not some trumped-up imaginations on your part).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom