Commute to work fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I ride my bike every day during lunch, but this morning the plan was to ride to work.
Having got dressed in my gear, I was beset by problems.

Problem 1 - Left Cycling Shoes at work
I put my regular clothes on.
I then thought, just wear some trainers!!!!
I put my cycle gear back on, 2nd time.
I went to my bike and decided to put some more air in the rear.
Problem 2 - The tyre is disintegrating and layers of rubber are flapping off. I have mudguards and I have failed to keep an eye on the rear tyre.
I put my regular clothes back on, 2nd time.
I drove to work :sad:

I have a spare road bike, but none of my lights are attached and I did not have time to swap them out.

I will replace the rear tyre and try again tomorrow.

young Ed

Veteran
don't worry about it, i have faffed about back and forth like this plenty my self but in the end you get into a habit/pattern and it all runs smoothly...... most of the time
just remember to bring the cycling shoes home when you finish up tonight!
Cheers Ed

I find the best thing to do is get everything ready the night before (bike checks, gear I need to ride in all outs and pack my rucksack) as otherwise there is always something I have forgotten if I have to do things in the morning. At 5.30am all I can do is get up, make coffee, get dressed and go to work!

vickster

Legendary Member
The worst one is when you get to work and realised you've forgotten your boxers :shy:
As long as you don't forget your trousers too

I once forgot to put a bra on and made a rapid dash to M&S at lunchtime. Luckily I am not what might be referred to as busty!

andyfraser

Über Member
I get everything ready the night before too but there's still a lot of faffing about in the morning now my bikes are in the shed.

When they were under the stairs I just wheeled a bike out and off I went. I might try leaving a bike in the kitchen ready for the morning.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I once forgot to put a bra on and made a rapid dash to M&S at lunchtime. Luckily I am not what might be referred to as busty!

I won't 'like' the fact your not busty :blush: but yeah I haveoccasionally had to nip to the local Burtons!

When they were under the stairs I just wheeled a bike out and off I went. I might try leaving a bike in the kitchen ready for the morning.

This is what I do, gives me chance to check the bike over the night before as well.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Been in that 'first time back after a while' panic where you suddenly realise there's a load of things not quite right and eventually it hits 'too much to bother with' and the normal clothes go on. Once you've ridden a couple of times you'll know what you need and get in to a routine. That's the bit for me, when the routine gets muddled I don things like forget my helmet (rode in a cap, I was fine). Forgot my jacket (rode in my hoody, added a hi-viz fire marshal waistcoat from work for the ride home) etc. Although with me it's slightly more complicated because I drive and ride so the point I realise I've forgotten something I'm already 20 miles from home.

By biggest failures are forgetting stuff as I go to shower. Most notably the towel, realising as the water is falling on me...

young Ed

Veteran
The worst one is when you get to work and realised you've forgotten your boxers :shy:
change in toilet cubicles and go commando for the day, alright maybe not conventional but the only other alternative is working in sweaty cycling shorts all day!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom