Commuting in a short dress - Recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
This thread is useless without pictures

I can't understand how this thread got to the 13th reply before someone asked that :biggrin:

I've noticed a similar thing - although I don't wear a dress to cycle home. I've got a 13 mile each way commute so a dress just isn't practical, BUT, I have noticed that I get treated a lot nicer when I have my long blonde hair in a ponytail down my back rather than tucked into my collar. Drivers are also a lot more courteous when I wear a pink cycling jacket too.

You are so right, my better half has a long commute, mostly on country lanes, in the daylight she has her hair down and is treated considerately, but in the dark she tucks it away for obvious reasons.

zacklaws

Guru
I always give girls on bikes with short dresses a wide berth too when I'm in my car. Its called perving, how else are you going to get your nearside wing mirror into the right position to see whats on show. :tongue:

This thread is useless without pictures

Indeed ...

DarthVader.jpg

:whistle:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
edited by moi!

fimm

Veteran
I guess there's a more serious point to be made about attitudes to woman in general - there's "Oh, female legs, let's have a look" and "Oh, woman = incompetant road user (female driver jokes, anyone?), must give them a wide berth" and "well I'm quite happy to cut up that MAMIL 'cos they're all @rseholes but I'm not going to cut up a WOMAN...". I'm not sure how much difference it makes whether I wear trousers or a skirt to cycle - I have short hair so I don't know how obviously female I am from behind.

BSRU

A Human Being
could you fit a bike cam only fit it the wrong way round, might convince me to view a You tube cycle vid..

I tried that yesterday, I now have a nice one hour long view of my crotch, in 1080p HD :rolleyes:.
Not sure many people would want watch a 60 minute video of a male cyclists Lycra clad crotch, although it could more interesting than some of my other uploads.

Bman

Guru
At the beginning of summer when the weather started to warm up and the legs came out, I noticed more drivers hanging back, waiting for a sensible time to overtake.

It took a few days to collate the results, but all these drivers that hung back, were female :smile:

So it works both ways I think.

I still notice it now (at this time of year). When a driver sits behind me longer than normal, the drivers are (almost) always female.:biggrin: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom