Commuting in a short dress - Recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How crap...and I'd say than Fimm's post about attitudes is very pertinent for how all cyclists are being treated on the roads.

And not just drivers. There seem to be a lot of unreformed male cyclists on this forum too judging by the posts in this thread. <ducks and runs for cover>

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
And not just drivers. There seem to be a lot of unreformed male cyclists on this forum too judging by the posts in this thread. <ducks and runs for cover>

Absolutely, it's been like a perv fest..oh post photos etc etc.
When does that change? Come on fellas you're all cyclists - let's be respectful to women please? We don't like to be treated as a block of meat on fora or in life.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
When does that change? Come on fellas you're all cyclists - let's be respectful to women please? We don't like to be treated as a block of meat on fora or in life.

Oh come on, can you not take a joke? I worked in an office where I was one of only three men. The women there were terrible for remarks about how men looked. We didn't take offence!

Norm

It takes a bit to make my jaw drop but I struggle to imagine how anyone would think it appropriate to ask a complete stranger to shoot a video up her own skirt whilst cycling.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oh come on, can you not take a joke? I worked in an office where I was one of only three men. The women there were terrible for remarks about how men looked. We didn't take offence!

I wouldn't think that's pleasant either

This is the thing, how come you didn't comment or Red Lights observations and chose to pick me up on mine?
Joke or not, unless it's picked up how will things change generally?

Take the issue seriously and don't denigrate into posts about posting photos etc. This happens a lot with threads that women start, its get into this little pattern of posting stupid things and actually has been at a level in the past where women forummers have felt that it's made the environment less pleasant.

It's not actually funny for me as I've mentioned elsewhere, the hassle I get just going down the high street in Jeans and a waterproof jacket with honks, blokes commenting and seeing me as something they want to shag, being polite and saying no thanks leads to a barrage of abuse and comments of it's just a complement.

Actually, a complement is about me as a person, not as to whether you want to **** me or not and not to be seen as a pretty thing only.
That is the difference. It's a thin edge of a wedge AFS.

PS don't read being offended into my posts- regardless of joke or not (ps it's a crass and crap joke) I asking you to look at the wider picture

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I wouldn't think that's pleasant either

This is the thing, how come you didn't comment or Red Lights observations and chose to pick me up on mine?
Joke or not, unless it's picked up how will things change generally?

Take the issue seriously and don't denigrate into posts about posting photos etc. This happens a lot with threads that women start, its get into this little pattern of posting stupid things and actually has been at a level in the past where women forummers have felt that it's made the environment less pleasant.

It's not actually funny for me as I've mentioned elsewhere, the hassle I get just going down the high street in Jeans and a waterproof jacket with honks, blokes commenting and seeing me as something they want to shag, being polite and saying no thanks leads to a barrage of abuse and comments of it's just a complement.

Actually, a complement is about me as a person, not as to whether you want to **** me or not and not to be seen as a pretty thing only.
That is the difference. It's a thin edge of a wedge AFS.

I think it is safer if I just say nothing. My god I thought I was unstable!

I don't know, I perve on blokes all the time :-) If manipulating these simple creatures by wearing a short skirt gets us treated better then so be it!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
AFS can you not see how it may not be appropriate or pleasant to make jokes about shooting videos up someones' skirt and posting photos of riding in a short skirt?

It's pervy and sexist and not at all funny and calling me unbalanced is downright low - learn to debate of a forum ffs.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I don't know, I perve on blokes all the time :-) If manipulating these simple creatures by wearing a short skirt gets us treated better then so be it!

Becs, you know I don't agree with you on this issue.

I'd rather be treated a certain way and get things done as a merit of what I choose to do rather than flashing a bit of tit and leg to get my way. It's manipulative and does everyone male and female a disservice.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
AFS can you not see how it may not be appropriate or pleasant to make jokes about shooting videos up someones' skirt and posting photos of riding in a short skirt?

It's pervy and sexist and not at all funny and calling me unbalanced is downright low - learn to debate of a forum ffs.

It is hard to debate with someone who does not get a joke!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Whether it's a joke or not, it's not appropriate for the thread.

Whether a person finds it funny is not a strong point to start from re debate.

It sounds like you're trying to play derailment bingo.

Seems to me that as a bloke we just can't win.

Some women don't see the problem with using thier charms to influence men.
Some women are offended if men notice or comment on thier charms.

If all women were in the latter category I would fear for the continuation of the species. Fortunately there are enough of the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom