Commuting in a short dress - Recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I still notice it now (at this time of year). When a driver sits behind me longer than normal, the drivers are (almost) always female.:biggrin: :thumbsup:

They're probably all nurses taking a professional interest :whistle:

george-hincapie-veins-intro.jpg

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Jesus What the HELL is that?!!!! ^^:ohmy:

abo

I tried that yesterday, I now have a nice one hour long view of my crotch, in 1080p HD :rolleyes:.
Not sure many people would want watch a 60 minute video of a male cyclists Lycra clad crotch, although it could more interesting than some of my other uploads.

There are websites for just about anything these days... You might make a few quid :whistle:

Hhhmmm. That got Van Moof a huge amount of publicity. The more cynical might suppose they made it all up (the cyclist being an employee of Van Moof and all).

Maybe but OTOH the NY police have form.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]

One of the funniest cycling videos around.

Just watch out for those trikes, so low to the ground!

If you're following one and he suddenly starts to adjust his rear-view mirror.... :biggrin:

BenM

Veteran
I have short hair so I don't know how obviously female I am from behind.
Girls look quite different to boys from the back - even when riding a bike... Sometimes it takes me ages to decide though ;)

B.

I commute in full lycra if I'm going to Regents Park for laps after work but otherwise I usually wear a short skirt/dress and leggings (it's only 2 miles). I'm pretty certain I get more close passes and experience more careless driving in the lycra. So much so that I have now added a gym style skirt to my lycra (also because it's getting a bit thin over the arse and I don't want to but new stuff yet!). It may be the placebo effect but I think I get treated better with the skirt on - if looking "girly" keeps the white van men and HGV drivers from trying to squash me then so be it (doesn't work on Addison Lee drivers though)! Instead of getting abuse I'm now getting told I'm "quite fast for a bird".

And anyway I happen to think a short skirt and road shoes is a pretty good look! :whistle:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I always ride in lycra and never a dress. Plenty of close passes.

My neighbours downstairs have recently gotten into cycling and they're a couple. When he's gone out riding with her he's noticed that if she's ina summer dress and has her long blonde hair down she gets lots of honks and comments from drivers...

How crap...and I'd say than Fimm's post about attitudes is very pertinent for how all cyclists are being treated on the roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom