Commuting in a short dress - Recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It is nature. It is something that stems from the primal part of the brain. Be a man/woman hetro, homo or bi there will always be fear of rejection and an assumption that the more beautiful / handsome a person the harder a catch they will be. This is ere-enforced be the media. How often do we see a famous person involved with am ugly man /woman?

You're mixing up some key issues here AFS and pop science does not mean it's the right answer. How exactly is fear of rejection biological?

How exactly also in leering etc biological?

This was supposed to be a mini thread.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
What does Becs (our medically trained person) think about the genetics of sexual behaviour?

she works with animals; determining human behaviour through the looking glass of animal studies is a very dangerous kind of determinism.

I'm a trained ex psychologist so know a FAIR amount about this area.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
This was supposed to be a mini thread.

Can you fit potatoes in a mini? broom broom
whistling.gif

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You're mixing up some key issues here AFS and pop science does not mean it's the right answer. How exactly is fear of rejection biological?

How exactly also in leering etc biological?

Fear is a biological response. The act of rejection causes a biological response. The fear of rejection stems from out brains telling us we are not good enough for that person. Thus to my mind it is biological.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Fear is a biological response. The act of rejection causes a biological response. The fear of rejection stems from out brains telling us we are not good enough for that person. Thus to my mind it is biological.

That's a very simplistic view and not entirely correct

Surmising complex social behaviour into easily explained biology is too simplistic

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Now I know you background I will withdraw the question asked of Becs.

Still, I don't like throwing it in; I don't want to pull rank or expertise to stifle debate - I think a lot of what you said has been on shaky ground, continue to challenge me and I will continue to challenge you in the hope that you can look at it in a different way. It's why I ask for reasoned intelligent responses.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
That's a very simplistic view and not entirely correct

Surmising complex social behaviour into easily explained biology is too simplistic

Add into the mix alcohol and its ability to lower inhibitions and I think we can see I am pretty close to the mark. Why do you think it occurs then?

Of course it will be also based on past experience. A sterotyped Multimillionaire playboy will have a very different outlook than a awkward inexperienced bloke. There fear of rejection will be tempted by the number of rejections they have experienced.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Still, I don't like throwing it in; I don't want to pull rank or expertise to stifle debate - I think a lot of what you said has been on shaky ground, continue to challenge me and I will continue to challenge you in the hope that you can look at it in a different way. It's why I ask for reasoned intelligent responses.

I love a challenge. That is why I am still talking on this thread. I am more than happy to look at anything in any way. That does not mean my opinions will always change.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
The fear you describe is socially based. It is more about your definitions of your self in an analytical sense rather than the simple central nervous system activation.

TBH AFS - there are some very complex arguements within psychology/biology and I dont have the energy or will to surmise all of that history of 100 years or more into a neat little nutshell. I come from a certain perspective and there are others within psychology that come from another perspective.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Sure thing, I get what you're saying, but I'm not into just letting it be as then nothing will ever change.

as i posted before, chapeau to you (and the suffragettes). good causes require 'fighters for the cause', after 21 years, the fight is getting easier to conquer, although more tiring....lol.

mind you my daughter, who is slimmer (is slighter more pc?) has the same fight as you, which i find as a proud father, amazing. as a realist, frustrating.

go girl, as my women will say.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The fear you describe is socially based. It is more about your definitions of your self in an analytical sense rather than the simple central nervous system activation.

TBH AFS - there are some very complex arguements within psychology/biology and I dont have the energy or will to surmise all of that history of 100 years or more into a neat little nutshell. I come from a certain perspective and there are others within psychology that come from another perspective.

Very fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom