Commuting through a building site tunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
I used to commute around the new exstension that is being built to the Westfield shopping centre in white city West London now they have opened a new tunnel which goes through the building and closed the road that I used to take around it

I was allowed through the first few days no problem by the traffic marshalls but then they stopped and told that I cannot use the tunnel because I am wearing no helmet . Can they do this

I never wear a helmet

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
How about steel caps & hi viz if it is a building site. And what is a traffic marshal?

It's been a while since I was in London. I was hit (gently) by a car in White City. Old guy's foot slipped off the clutch and his car proceeded to try and hump me and my bike, kangaroo style round that big roundabout. What a day.

Yes they were wearing helmets I guess either a cycle helmet or a hard hat would do

If they are treating it as a building site then a cycle helmet will not meet the required standards

OP
OP
Wester

Wester

Guru
Then they have no jurisdiction. You can just ignore. They can't stop you.
We are having similar problems with a building site near us, they are claiming ownership of our road. Putting up signs saying no access or parking. We just ignore them.

This morning I had a cycle helmet on and was stopped by the traffic marshall and was told that no cyclists with or without a helmet was allowed through . The tunnel is complete and the part of the building that it goes through is also complete which begs the question why are no cyclists being allowed through and cars trucks and buses are . I asked the traffic marshall why and he told me he did not know he was only doing his job and doing what his health and safety boss told him

I WAS NOT ALLOWED THROUGH

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This morning I had a cycle helmet on and was stopped by the traffic marshall and was told that no cyclists with or without a helmet was allowed through . The tunnel is complete and the part of the building that it goes through is also complete which begs the question why are no cyclists being allowed through and cars trucks and buses are . I asked the traffic marshall why and he told me he did not know he was only doing his job and doing what his health and safety boss told him

I WAS NOT ALLOWED THROUGH

You should just ignore. As we do the traffic marshal's here who try stop us. They have no right to stop you. It's not private land or a closed road.

Top Bottom