Commuting through a building site tunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Have you looked to see if their are any traffic orders related to this road?

classic33

Leg End Member
This morning I had a cycle helmet on and was stopped by the traffic marshall and was told that no cyclists with or without a helmet was allowed through . The tunnel is complete and the part of the building that it goes through is also complete which begs the question why are no cyclists being allowed through and cars trucks and buses are . I asked the traffic marshall why and he told me he did not know he was only doing his job and doing what his health and safety boss told him

I WAS NOT ALLOWED THROUGH
Next time question why?

You might notice the person telling you can't supply a simple answer, and they'll be nervous.

Road reopened to traffic after such a question. Those that closed it off were non too happy, but they wanted sole access. Now they've lost that.

classic33

Leg End Member
This morning I had a cycle helmet on and was stopped by the traffic marshall and was told that no cyclists with or without a helmet was allowed through . The tunnel is complete and the part of the building that it goes through is also complete which begs the question why are no cyclists being allowed through and cars trucks and buses are . I asked the traffic marshall why and he told me he did not know he was only doing his job and doing what his health and safety boss told him

I WAS NOT ALLOWED THROUGH
Nothing showing, other than closures to all traffic(live incident, at the top).
Westfield.jpg

OP
OP
Wester

Wester

Guru
Nothing showing, other than closures to all traffic(live incident, at the top).
View attachment 355145

Anybody know when this Westfield project is going to be finished I guess and I am only guessing that it should be finished in another couple of months and I can then use the tunnel which will make my commute much easier and faster

vickster

Legendary Member
Anybody know when this Westfield project is going to be finished I guess and I am only guessing that it should be finished in another couple of months and I can then use the tunnel which will make my commute much easier and faster
You could enquire of the contractors perhaps? Hopefully nothing to do with Carillion...!

classic33

Leg End Member
The only roads to be affected are shown, with the dates as shown. Route marked in red, on the previous post, is now open.
West Field.jpeg

Further South, it gets busy over the next year.
Further South.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom