Company director jailed for pushing e-cyclist off his bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Link a bit dodgy.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Hmm. We've got ~20kph in that article vs 23mph in the Observer, and 12mph in the OP compared with 7.5mph in the Observer. At the very least we've got our units mixed up. I would guess it's 23kph/14mph on the first pass and 12kph/7.5mph on the second pass.

I'm gonna say 14mph is still pretty quick to be passing dog walkers on a narrowish path.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Is it that narrow?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-20-23-20-16-621832768.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-20-23-20-16-621832768.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 9

winjim

Smash the cistern
Is it that narrow?
To be honest it's difficult to tell without actually being there, but put three pedestrians, two dogs and a cyclist on it, and it becomes a lot narrower. And of course an appropriate passing speed would depend both on the width of the path, and on the behaviour and interactions of all involved.

Reactions: C R

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To be honest it's difficult to tell without actually being there, but put three pedestrians, two dogs and a cyclist on it, and it becomes a lot narrower. And of course an appropriate passing speed would depend both on the width of the path, and on the behaviour and interactions of all involved.
I rode part of it years ago. I don't remember it being narrow except for over the bridge at the Kenilworth end.

I suspect Mr Angry may have reacted to the approaching bike by spreading himself and dogs out for the first pass, then gone even wider for the second. Also, it's uphill towards Burton Green so 23 kph is much more likely than mph.

Top Bottom