Compatibility question - Miche Primato Sytnesi - New freehub needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nlmkiii

Hi all,

Broke my freehub riding up a hill, so it just spins around now. LBS said it just needs a new freehub, but there could be a supply issue (and obviously they have commitments with suppliers) so I said I would have a look for one so it can be done more quickly.

Compatability issues though... what do I need to look for!

It's a shimano 10 speed.

Thanks!

winjim

Smash the cistern
These guys are good for hubs and components.

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/produc...r-campagnolo-11-speed-for-miche-hub-or-wheels

Just Google 'Miche Primato freehub' tbh.

Sharky

Guru
If the freehub is just spinning round, it means that the pawls inside are either broken or just stuck. Try dismantling, cleaning and a little light oil could do the trick.

No guarantee that this is the right kit, but if you dismantle first you can compare:-
https://www.ridewill.it/p/en/miche-rppawb-spare-hub-spring-and-pawls/556027/

Edit: Just noticed the shipping date on the above link - 45 days time!

Last edited:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I needed a spare part for a Miche Primato hub a few years ago & I happened to mention it to a local wheel builder to see if he could get me the part. He had a spare damaged hub that he gave me :okay: Can't remember what is wrong with it, but it is 11 speed, so the freehub will be different, but the spring & pawls maybe compatable? The free hub itself seems fine, just the usual wear from cassette on it. If you want it, pm me your address & I'll get the free hub in the post & see if it's of any use to you 👍

OP
OP
nlmkiii

nlmkiii

I needed a spare part for a Miche Primato hub a few years ago & I happened to mention it to a local wheel builder to see if he could get me the part. He had a spare damaged hub that he gave me :okay: Can't remember what is wrong with it, but it is 11 speed, so the freehub will be different, but the spring & pawls maybe compatable? The free hub itself seems fine, just the usual wear from cassette on it. If you want it, pm me your address & I'll get the free hub in the post & see if it's of any use to you 👍

That would be amazing. Thinking about it I think it is an 11 speed hub anyway, I just have a spacer on it to fit a 10 speed!

GuyBoden

Guru
Hi all,

Broke my freehub riding up a hill, so it just spins around now. LBS said it just needs a new freehub, but there could be a supply issue (and obviously they have commitments with suppliers) so I said I would have a look for one so it can be done more quickly.

Compatability issues though... what do I need to look for!

It's a shimano 10 speed.

Thanks!

I've had the same problem with a Miche Primato Syntesi hub.

I've just got yet another set of new pawls and spring, but this time the new pawl don't engage with the ratchet teeth in the hub, the teeth have worn in the hub body. The rubbish design Miche Primato Syntesi hub is going in the bin. :banghead:

Top Bottom