Complete overhaul or new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Widge

Baldy Go
Hi again David.....
(Hope you're not still cross with me!)

Your new tyres are designed to a give 26'' wheel type mtb or ATB bike a better road-riding/urban/rough tarmac capability...and they are pretty good at it. I think they they are easily capable of some cycle-track/towpath/hard-pack riding providing you are careful enough and ride within their limitations. Take care on looser gravel...but other than that......................you should be ok.

Have fun!

W

OP
OP
F
Hi again David.....
(Hope you're not still cross with me!)

Your new tyres are designed to a give 26'' wheel type mtb or ATB bike a better road-riding/urban/rough tarmac capability...and they are pretty good at it. I think they they are easily capable of some cycle-track/towpath/hard-pack riding providing you are careful enough and ride within their limitations. Take care on looser gravel...but other than that......................you should be ok.

Have fun!

W

Of course not. I think it was my fault to jumping to conclusions. Maybe I'm just a little scared cycling with such thin tyres, but I'm sure I'm being silly and I'll be fine.
I haven't pumped the tyres up yet, but I will soon. I'll let you all know if I can pump the tyres using an electric car tyre pump.

OP
OP
F
Hi David...No....I meant I've been looking at other pictures of your make of bike on the web......

Electric pump worth a go...I've never used one.......it may not go quite high enough though. Let us know?

Just used the electric car pump to inflate the tyres. It worked like a dream. I inflated the front to 60 and the back to 70PSI.

Had a little run afterwards and OMG the difference they make. Apart from feeling every bump on the road I have noticed a big difference that I don't need to pedal as much. For the moment I'm pressing lightly! on the brakes.

OP
OP
F
Going to Malham Cove this afternoon where its flat. Hopefully this weather will hold.
But it is a long way to go just to ride 5 miles or so.

Just been looking at photos of where I'm going and it's quite a long gravel track. If I take it easy, I'll be ok.

Steven bates

Arghhh help please
Recently had a new chain , cassette , gear shifters , cables replaced on my 8 month giant road bike , but first ride out and chain is slipping when on large front and on little ring rear
Is this a common problem and is it a quick fix as bike shop had bike for 3 weeks to replace parts above

Top Bottom