Completing the census

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Done mine - I'm British, SWMBO's Irish but son no. 2 has both passports. Asked him which and the decision was "choose both". Son no. 1's away at university so he'll complete the full details of his there and we just did the basics for him.

As with others I'm working from home atm rather than commuting by bike. Missed opportunity there for bike info.

According to the news before - Scotland's census had been delayed until next year so the data is more normal and not distorted by the lockdowns and stuff

But the other countries are going ahead because the data could shed light on the impact of the pandemic as well as everything else.

Mr Celine

Discordian
According to the news before - Scotland's census had been delayed until next year so the data is more normal and not distorted by the lockdowns and stuff

But the other countries are going ahead because the data could shed light on the impact of the pandemic as well as everything else.

Thanks for that - I was about to go and hunt through the pile of mail ICBA opening as I don't recall hearing anything about a census this year.

alicat

Legendary Member
One thing I was impressed with was in the nationality section where they asked what nationality do you feel you belong to - ?
That was a question where you could tick more than one answer, so anyone reading mine will discover I'm British and English.

They'll find out I'm British and English and a Yorkshire woman. Yorkshire is my national identity tbh.

Drago

Legendary Member
They'll find out I'm British and English and a Yorkshire woman. Yorkshire is my national identity tbh.
You can actually claim Cornish as a self identified nationality, (the others being English, Welsh, Scotish and Norn Oirish) although you'd probably need to have at least visited Cornwall for that to be credible.

classic33

Leg End Member
In the feedback section at the end I queried the rather car centric question on household access to vehicles, as they limit it to cars and vans. I pointed out that with the recent increase in temporary cycle facilities due to the pandemic might it have been a missed opportunity to find out how many bicycles were potentially available per household, to give an idea for future planning.
Similarly, why exclude motorcycles? They also need (minimal) parking and facilities, and can help reduce congestion.
Too late now, but shows some of the blinkered thinking involved in making up the questions.
Otherwise, it was pretty straightforward.
Means of transport was in the 2001 census.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I thought I'd filled in means of transport in previous censuses. Strange that it hasn't been carried over. A good time to start including types of motive power too -petrol, LPG, diesel, biodiesel, hydrogen, hybrid, electric etc.

Top Bottom