Component colours- aesthetics etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Couple of mine with mixed colour components
C88C5D54-0ABE-4FBD-AE7F-8FD02B0F8528.jpeg

B12194F9-9B7D-43F5-AC3A-0D876FD1E3CB.jpeg

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Late to the party as I’ve only just finished making this up. This is a replacement frame +wheels for the one that was written off in a collision last year. I have some Zipp 404s that look mint on the frame but aren’t great on crappy roads, so I bought a pair of Hunts for a slightly more practical ride. They look fantastic for the money, but have a clean high polish finish. I can’t decide whether they work with the red/black colour scheme. I think I just about get away with it as the groupset add some more bare metal to the look.

DBAE94E6-A0F6-42EE-828F-708C2EC09AEC.jpeg

hoopdriver

Guru
I have to say I don’t usually care for red or black on bicycles, but that bike of your looks lovely! Bold, simple, graphic, pleasing balance with the two colours - really nice. I like the high polish finish on the Hunts too.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
There's something strangely wrong-yet-right about those wheels on that bike. I like it!
That's exactly it!

The bike as a whole *cough* splits opinion, but I got on well with its predecessor (all black) so didn't see the need to change.

When I ordered my Ribble 'Winter' back in 2013, I spec'd it with sliver Tiagra/silver mudguards
If there'd been the option of silver/polished stem/bars/seat-pin, it'd had those too

The replacement set of wheels that went on it (to replace the Rodi originals) were stainless spoked
It looked good in the sunshine

Sadly. when I ordered the CGR, Tiagra had gone to that grey finish
Same criteria apply............. if silver/polished had been available

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
What would look better- all black components except silver stem/brakes/cranks, or all silver... with black wheels? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom