Compression Base Layer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
About 10 years ago I bought two Crane compression base layers in one of Aldi's cycling events; these have served as my go-to base layers for the last decade.

Now, sadly, they are starting to become frayed and torn (possibly because i keep falling off my bike) and i need to replace them.

I can't find anything that looks even remotely similar to them and is a sensible price... they are very, very similar to these ones:

MENS-LADIES-CYCLING-COMPRESSION-BASE-LAYER-3.jpg

Can anyone help out with finding something like this? Compression is a must (i need a girdle!) and must be long-sleeved. Looking for something not exceeding £15 a pop.

vickster

Legendary Member

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran

Cheers Vick; i bought the dhb one a few weeks ago to try but it lacks a collar so sent it back!

I also had a look at the Sports Direct lot, collar issues again. Same with those other links.

Really, i'm struggling to find anything equivalent.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers Vick; i bought the dhb one a few weeks ago to try but it lacks a collar so sent it back!

I also had a look at the Sports Direct lot, collar issues again. Same with those other links.

Really, i'm struggling to find anything equivalent.
Maybe it doesn't exist (you didn't mention the need for a collar I think). Wear a buff?

Decathlon do lots of such things too, maybe look there

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-1109076-compression-clothes/N-382177-product-type~base-layer

(or even a local independent sports shop?)

OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran
Maybe it doesn't exist (you didn't mention the need for a collar I think). Wear a buff?

Decathlon do lots of such things too, maybe look there

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-1109076-compression-clothes/N-382177-product-type~base-layer

(or even a local independent sports shop?)

May take a wander up to my LBS - the collar is not a specific thing really, but I found it weird that none of the baselayers i saw had one like the Aldi one! Buff is always on hand but sometimes you just want to wear your best SS jersey to look ally ;)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I suspect the Aldi one may have been a one off. Certainly their later versions, or least the ones I saw and/or bought didn't have a collar.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I bought 2 x LS thermal tops from Decathlon in late 2016. They were toasty warm and had long sleeves with a thumb hole so could also cover your wrist & palm under your gloves. I think they were sold as cold weather football training tops.

upload_2019-5-7_12-55-14.png

Unfortunately one of them had to be cut off me in A&E at the start of 2018 so I now only have one. Have tried in vain to replace it and would buy 2 or 3 more if I could find them but so far haven't found anything close. :sad:

It's reasonably wind-proof and lightly fleecy on the inside so can be used as a stand alone top in temperatures down to around freezing when doing my early morning commute. If anyone finds a supply please let me know.

Nebulous

Guru
I can't help I'm afraid, but I wear a short-sleeve collarless compression baselayer from Aldi almost everytime I'm out, and can't believe how much I depend on them. My heart rate monitor even seems to play up without it.

I have two and would happily buy another 3 if they came back in stock.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
2XU ftw imo/ime. You have to shop around and consider the usual online auction sites. If you are a mainstream size you'll get better deals than if you are an outlier (like me)

Top Bottom