Compulsory Hi Vis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any action/reaction by French Cyclists yet (or are they all honking to numerous ports to man the blockades)? :wacko:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I think there'll be a law, but no-one need actually obey it.

The way it works in France is that you have a quiet word with the friend of a friend, and the parking ticket/speeding ticket/whatever gets lost in the post. Or never gets issued in the first place.

It's only Brits that will actually have to wear the things...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
MartinC said:
I think we should start campaigning for Hi Viz on cars - case must be unarguable - if it's required for one type of road user then it must make sense for all.

Indeed. how can the poor motorist be expected to see all those blue and black cars? Paint 'em bright yellow, I say.

yello said:
In honesty, I'm not sure how many folk it will effect in practice. Cyclists outside towns at night are a rarity.

new to the forum but I disagree on this one, most of the time I stick to cycleroutes, but carry a Hi Vz Vest vest as a matter of course under the seat.

I often get caught out at nite, ie late returning home late cause of a puncuture or something I need to travel on some very dark country roads, and I need to be SEEN. I'am also a car driver and know that a Hi Vi vest is more lilkey to be seen well before any lites.

Its a game of chance, the more you protect yourselve the less chance of a RTA and lets face it we come off worst.

beanzontoast said:
Given the 2 dead squirrels, 1 dead fox and 1 dead rabbit I encountered in the Derbyshire roads today, maybe they should fit them to wildlife!

YOu jest........

There have been campaigns both on Dartmoor and inthe New Forest for exactly this - Ponies to wear HiViz and or LEDs!

yello

yello said:
In honesty, I'm not sure how many folk it will effect in practice. Cyclists outside towns at night are a rarity.

37927 said:
new to the forum but I disagree on this one, most of the time I stick to cycleroutes, but carry a Hi Vz Vest vest as a matter of course under the seat.

I often get caught out at nite, ie late returning home late cause of a puncuture or something I need to travel on some very dark country roads, and I need to be SEEN. I'am also a car driver and know that a Hi Vi vest is more lilkey to be seen well before any lites.

Its a game of chance, the more you protect yourselve the less chance of a RTA and lets face it we come off worst.

but but but 37927, no fun, you're not disagreeing with me!!

Btw, your user name doesn't exist a French post code... so I'm still wondering why the significance.

Top Bottom