Compulsory lid legislation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Is it time to badger our MPs?

Best hurry up as there won't be many left soon (Badgers not MP's although the latter might be preferable).

fido

Veteran
Can someone more articulate than me and with a greater understanding of all the relevant arguments PLEASE phone in to LBC radio.

They've been discussing this throughout the day and by God, there's some impressive cobblers being spouted.

(The more common strains of nonsense are also freely available.)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I get that helmets are debatable but how is it any different from compulsory seatbelt use, for example? Both are compulsory safety features.
It's different at least in that 1. cycling is about 20 times better for you than not-cycling while motoring is actually slightly more harmful for everyone than not-motoring, so it would be wrong to force cycling helmets and not motoring helmets; and 2. the evidence is even weaker and there aren't even convincing crash dummy tests for helmets, plus motoring helmets would save even more lives but aren't required.

If anyone would really like to discuss this, read https://www.cyclechat.net/posts/4274135 or any you like of the other results of searching that thread for "seatbelt" and then post any questions at the end of the thread. Our operators are waiting for your call!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
If they make it compulsory for cyclists, they will have to do the same for pedestrians too as they have the same risks when they fall over or hit by a car, in other words, we will all have to wear a helmet as soon as we leave our houses. This is madness.

pawl

Legendary Member
It dosent concern me to much I naturally put on my helmet when i go for a ride just as I fasten my seat belt when I get in the car.What does concern me is the idea I should dress up like I was about to start a shift with a motorway maintenance crew.

As other people have said the root of the problem is inconsiderate myopic drivers.it is odd that when an accident is reported in the media it is always the cyclist that is in collision with a car never the idiot driver who hit the cyclist

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
xx( Mind bleach please. :stop:

Oh, it's worse than that. On another forum Drago said: "Yep, when I'm cycling I don't wear knickers under my skirt."....

755729337_4c7b379490_z.jpg

Top Bottom