Computer advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Go to the command prompt and type Format c:\

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thanks,but all mumbo jumbo to me. I've gone a bit berserk and pressed loads of keys at once.The screen has now turned itself on its side. I'm now having to look at my laptop like an open book. Everytime I put this computer on something changes. I can't say i'm happy with it!

Slick

Guru
Thanks,but all mumbo jumbo to me. I've gone a bit berserk and pressed loads of keys at once.The screen has now turned itself on its side. I'm now having to look at my laptop like an open book. Everytime I put this computer on something changes. I can't say i'm happy with it!
Control and arrow down should turn you screen back round.

That was an old joke we used to play on the less tech savvy at work. :reading::giggle:

gavgav

Guru
Control and arrow down should turn you screen back round.

That was an old joke we used to play on the less tech savvy at work. :reading::giggle:
Reminds me of a time we got our own back on a prankster in our team at work.

We flipped his screen upside down, took a screenshot of it, put his screen back the correct way and then set his desktop background to the screenshot of it being upside down! It caused much amusement on his return, seeing him spending ages trying to work out what had gone on.

Sharky

Guru
An old work colleague had for his screen saver an image of the "Blue Screen of Death". For those who haven't seen this, this is the screen that was displayed when a PC crashed and stopped working.

So my old colleague set a background program running on his PC and went to lunch. After 10mins, the screen saver came on. So far so good, but another colleague after the background program had been running for about an hour, saw the "Blue Screen of Death" and assumed that the PC had crashed and re-booted the PC as a favour, thus killing the background program!

When the first colleague returned from lunch, he wasn't too pleased, but he quickly changed his screen saver.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yep control and arrow keys to return screen to right orientation.

Top Bottom