Computer Games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aberal

Guru
When I'm bored at lunchtime I play Microsoft supplied Solitaire and Minesweeper on my computer. Now I'm bored with them. They're quite boring actually. So can anybody point me to a good free lunchtime boredom avoidance website filled with really interesting, free, downloadable, fun and mind expanding games? Or make suggestions for a good game to play?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Could join Facebook and play hundreds of games for free...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Lots of games of various sorts at Addicting Games.

I'm pretty hooked on rockoblox 2. Never got beyond level 13 yet though.

You do sometimes have to sit through an advert, and some games are better than others, but I guess it's down to your taste.

tyred

Legendary Member
+1 for Spider solitaire, although I love the ordinary version as well. I do three card draw and set my aim to complete it as fast as possible.

88 seconds is the best I've managed so far.

I hate Minesweep as it's irritatingly addictive.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I, occasionally, spend a few seconds on Minesweeper.
I have it set to the largest grid with the fewest mines and aim to clear the whole screen on the first click.:biggrin:

Spider Solitaire is my MS game of choice interspaced with Freecell. With Freecell I once workd my way through from game 1 right through to about 2500 odd in one long night shift.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I used to quite like minesweeper. When we had new computers at work a couple of years ago the miserable sods removed the games to deprive us of the pleasure. Have to spend lunchtime on t'interweb now.

Maz

Guru
Most of my lunchtimes at work, I play football on the fields next door.
We use traffic cones for post and vary the pitch size depending on how many players there are.
Much better than surfing the web.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Most of my lunchtimes at work, I play football on the fields next door.
We use traffic cones for post and vary the pitch size depending on how many players there are.
Much better than surfing the web.

There's not enough of us for that and most of us are too old anyway, plus this is rugby country and we are certainly in no physical condition to play that. All things considered surfing is the safer option.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
What's a lunchtime at work?

Jayis games is a good site for new games. Specific timewasters I rather enjoy are Bubble Cannon 2 and Bubble Shooter (google is your friend).

Maz

Guru
There's not enough of us for that and most of us are too old anyway, plus this is rugby country and we are certainly in no physical condition to play that. All things considered surfing is the safer option.
Rugby country round here too, btw.
Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of lunchtime surfing when I'm not out playing footy.
Some of the lads who play footy are in their late 50s, going on 60. Others mid-20s!

as for computer games, I've just got back into the 'wack-a-cyclist' thingy:

http://urbanvelo.org...a-cyclist-game/

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Ah yes, Leicester I see. You gave us a right good hiding last week didn't you? Same old Gloucester, very difficult to beat at home, very easy to beat away.

Top Bottom