computer set up question from a numpty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
cisamcgu said:
Computers are not really my thing, but is it possible that there is both a Digital (DVI) and analog (RGB) outputs. They are different shaped leads. Did you get more than one lead with the monitor/PC ?

Andrew

There was an extra plug which I was supposed to attach to the end of the video lead (DVI?). I had assumed it was colour coded like everything else - pink to pink etc and I had used blue to blue but I should have attached this white plug to the blue one and inserted it into the yellow socket. Confused, so am I.
Still it works now.:biggrin:
Thanks everyone

Speicher

Vice Admiral
col said:
Not sure if this helps,but my monitor shows this when the monitor is in standby,is the green light on or orange?the orange means,on mine anyway,that its on standby,i just pushed the on/off button,but it is a mistake that took me ages to figure out when i first got mine.

Thank you, Col, for suggesting that. I thought of that but then when all these technoCOLogical :biggrin: replies arrived, I thought better of it. If I switch my computer off at the socket, which I sometimes do, when I switch back on again, the screen needs to be switched "on" again even if it wasn't "off".

Hope this helps, or tell me to **** off.:wacko::biggrin:

Top Bottom