Conactless credit cards....forward or backward step?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yeah ...don't lose it sorry couldn't resist

Just got my new credit card (i will give card security number on request) and it is "contactless"......I just swipe it.
TBH I dont like it......anyone can pinch/find it and use it.
At least with pin numbers you had that barrier.
Am I missing something ??
Its massively faster and limited to £30. If you don't want it I am sure you can request one without.....but try it first - you might like it?

D

Deleted member 1258

Hardly ever use the contactless credit/debit cards now. I use Android Contactless Pay on the phone.

So far I've kept money and banking of my phone and tablet, I'm not sure how secure it is. I like the contactless card but recon its too easy, I know the limit is thirty quid but a few thirty quids soon add up and it would be easy to lose track of how much you're spending

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Hardly ever use the contactless credit/debit cards now. I use Android Contactless Pay on the phone.

Similar, but with that 'other' company on my phone.

NickNick

I don't like it, for starters as mentioned by @dave r you can get a lot of £30 transactions squeezed into a day, a friend's daughter recently lost hers and by the time she realised closed to £300 was gone from her account. I also don't like how its a big step towards a cashless society and having every transaction you make tracked/recorded/monitored.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I found an old 50p piece the other day. I was shocked at how chunky and heavy it seemed. I find it hard to imagine people used to go round with these huge lumps of metal weighing down their pockets.

The sooner we get rid of cash altogether the better.

Top Bottom