Condor Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djglover

Condor build was a bit crap, my dropout was bent, the mudguards not on straight or fastened up tight enough.

Really nice bike though

3778742286_95baf6ff82_b.jpg

joggingbob

Glad to hear the bike is ok shame about the handover - did you mention the oversight to them or just adjust it yourself?

djglover

I took the bike back in and they fixed it there and then, was a pain to have to drive over, as the bike couldn't actually be ridden!

U

User169

That looks really nice! Very pretty decals.

I've got one from three years ago - silver and yellow. Regrettably, I'm not making as much use of it as I should these days.

joggingbob

Well I picked my Fratello up today and had a nice ride home - although will take a while to get use to it as it is different to my MTB. So far very happy ! (and had a nice sunny dry ride).

Glad to hear Condor fixed your bike promptly - shame it wasn't checked by them before final handover. Well no harm done and now you can enjoy the new bike.

Tynan

Veteran
mine was perfect barring a slightly bent big chain ring, regrettably they wriggled a bit about replacing it

thankfully I'd emailed them after riding it home

the mudguards they fitted are the best I've ever seen, very very tight to the tyres and very robust, I've think I've made tiny adjustments to them twice in a year and a half and that's after three or four offs

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
joggingbob said:
Well I picked my Fratello up today and had a nice ride home - although will take a while to get use to it as it is different to my MTB. So far very happy ! (and had a nice sunny dry ride).
Glad to hear you have finally taken possession :sad:.

Just go over everything and check the tightness of ALL screws, stem, mudguards, seatpost .... the lot ;)

Hope you have many happy miles :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bugner

Bugner

Had my knee op. No cycling for al least 3-4 weeks :sad: and then only gentle riding, so that's a few planned Audaxes out of the window.;)

It seems Condor are doing a good trade on the Fratello's at the moment:tongue:

joggingbob

Scoosh, thanks, yep glad I now have the bike ! I've only ridden it once to take it home and then went on holiday. I have checked the tightness of screws etc and all seemed ok, (couple of minor tweaks). Front mudguard is slightly out of alignment but hopefully addressed that and the pannier rack was out of alignment but to be fair very minor issues.

One question - the freewheel hub makes a constant clicking noise, (Shimano 105), it doesn't sound odd but compared to my Trek MTB with Shimano Deore which is virtually silent - is this normal? I am going to take it for a few leisure rides to get some miles in before I use it as the commute bike.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
joggingbob said:
One question - the freewheel hub makes a constant clicking noise, (Shimano 105), it doesn't sound odd but compared to my Trek MTB with Shimano Deore which is virtually silent - is this normal? I am going to take it for a few leisure rides to get some miles in before I use it as the commute bike.
Can't help there, I'm afraid - I've got SRAM and it's beautifully quiet ;)

joggingbob

;), it doesn't sound like it is a 'problem' noise so will just mention when I bring the bike in for it's first (free) service unless I hear from others. The sound is only when it is free wheeling. Thanks for the quick response.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Have you ever heard a Campag freewheel ? You can hear them about 20m away :biggrin:. Many owners reckon they don't need a bell as a result :wacko:. It is a loud, rapid clicking ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
scoosh said:
Have you ever heard a Campag freewheel ? You can hear them about 20m away :biggrin:. Many owners reckon they don't need a bell as a result :wacko:. It is a loud, rapid clicking ;)

A lovely sound :laugh:

joggingbob

I reckon it is 'normal' - it is very similar to the freewheel sound on my daughter's Nexus / Shimano hub. TBH I probably have heard the campag freewheel but just not put two and two together ;). I was just expecting it to be silent or near silent. Hopefully someone will confirm that Shimano 105's do click else it will be under warranty.

Top Bottom