Condor Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joggingbob

Well my current bike was via Halfords on their C2W scheme and they kept making mistakes on delivery dates, (& final delivery), so it can only be good news from now on.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yes, they should be OK now that their refurbishment is fnished.

Mine was a week late ;) - but still in time for the ride for which I really needed it :thumbsup:.

joggingbob

The refurb is still ongoing with half the showroon still boarded off. The staff I spoke to estimated it would be another couple of weeks to completion. I had my bike fit in their storage area above the parade of shops. Half of the showroom has been completed and it will be quite spacious once complete.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I've had my Fratello for a month or so now and have a few observations to add:

- there seems to be quite a lot of flex/wobble when going downhill at anything above about 45kph - which is easy to do :smile: - if a little disconcerting. This can be helped by tucking your knees tight on to the top tube and shouting ;)/"YAHOOOOOOO" in a loud voice :biggrin:.
- I have SRAM Rival gears and had to adjust them a wee bit (see the SRAM website for details) - they are now OK but the top 2 gears are not usable on the inner chainring. Apparently, SRAM have altered the trim onto the outer chainring for 2009, which seems a little pointless (this might sound like gobbledegook but will become clearer once you have tried changing from big to little chainring :sad:)
- make sure you tighten up all the components - front derailleur hanger, seatpost, mudguards etc, as they will all loosen a bit after a wee while

It's a comfy bike, with the carbon forks and seatpost making a BIG difference over my old alloy Peugot Aspin :smile: I LIKE riding it :biggrin:

I'm a (very) Happy Bunny :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bugner

Bugner

I ordered my Fratello on 19th June, and after looking at the spec etc my mate at work ordered a nigh on identical bike, same groupset etc on 1st July. He just got a phone call to say his is ready. I called Condor and was told mine will still be a couple of weeks:sad:

The reason... he ordered a champagne coloured bike where as I ordered the yellow:wacko:

I am now sulking:sad:

skwerl

scoosh said:
they are now OK but the top 2 gears are not usable on the inner chainring. Apparently, SRAM have altered the trim onto the outer chainring for 2009, which seems a little pointless (this might sound like gobbledegook but will become clearer once you have tried changing from big to little chainring :laugh:)

"top" as in smallest sprockets or largest? I assume smallest. I have the same issue but as someone pointed out you wouldn't want to cross front inner to rear smallest 2 anyway.
It's a bit daft though. If they'd left the trim on the inner you'd be able to get to all combos as the outer doesn't need any trim - why put the trim on there if it's not needed?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
'top' as in smallest sprocket (highest gear).

Does seem strange with the trim but, hey-ho, it still works .... :biggrin:

I called Condor and was told mine will still be a couple of weeks

The reason... he ordered a champagne coloured bike where as I ordered the yellow
Yes, I'm not sure the yellow is as popular ..... :smile:

OP
OP
Bugner

Bugner

scoosh said:
Yes, I'm not sure the yellow is as popular ..... :biggrin:

You are probably right, better to have something rare and unique rather than common :biggrin:

Also I have just pointed out to my mate, that my Fratello will now always be newer than his :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
I've had my Fratello for a month or so now and have a few observations to add:

- there seems to be quite a lot of flex/wobble when going downhill at anything above about 45kph ...

:wacko:

Humm, that is the Condor off the wish list then...

Tynan

Veteran
news to me

how one person bike can be used as a guide to a model is beyond me, might be the tyre or wheel or gawd knows what

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Tynan said:
news to me

how one person bike can be used as a guide to a model is beyond me, might be the tyre or wheel or gawd knows what
Tynan's right, you know :smile:

It's much more to do with the way I am riding the bike rather than the bike itself. I've been downhill at over 60kph now without any problems (other than wondering where the road is going ..... :smile: )

Still a great, comfy bike and the 50/34 and 12-27 gearing is fine for me at present - even going up 15%.

OP
OP
Bugner

Bugner

Pleasure & Pain!!

The pleasure: finally picked up my Fratello last night ;) and rode it home (only 12 miles) Rode like a dream!!

The pain: I am having keyhole surgery on my knee on Friday, so won't be able to ride it again for a month :biggrin:

joggingbob

Coincidentally , today I finally got a telephone call that my Fratello will be ready for collection from tomorrow and plan to collect on Friday, (no doubt it will rain on the way home ;)).

Any wise comments on what I should check for etc when collecting my new ride? (not that an experienced bike maintainer yet but learning as I go)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
;) Great to hear of your new arrivals :biggrin: ! ... though that is not good news about the knee. Mind you, with clipless pedals, you can ride using one leg only ..... :rolleyes:

joggingbob said:
Any wise comments on what I should check for etc when collecting my new ride? (not that an experienced bike maintainer yet but learning as I go)
From my own experience, check that everything is tightened up as it should be. My front derailleur hanger slipped down the tube on my first major outing on the bike - a 65 mile charity ride :sad:. A passing cyclist had the required allen key but it shouldn't have happened (and I should have had the appropriate key .... ;))

Otherwise, mine was nicely set up, though without any instruction leaflet, booklets etc. Personally I would ask for all the bumph about the set-up, adjustment and maintenance of all the components - brakes, chainset, derailleurs, shifters, chain, etc etc. Get everything you can, even if you don't understand it now. You might appreciate it in a couple of months/years' time.

Enjoy your Fratello - I do mine :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

joggingbob

Thanks Scoosh, I will ask if they have any docs to go with the bike or at least that they can forward to me if they do not keep it at the shop. The weather is looking promising so should be a dry ride home. Shame, in one sense, that I am then on holiday from Saturday so no riding the bike for a while.

Top Bottom