Condor Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwf

Bugner

take the fratello, you won't be disappointed.

I've had mine around 8 weeks and if it wasn't for a broken hip, I'd be out on it every day. A couple of warnings though when ordering.

I got the Veloce set with a triple on the front. For some reason that meant I got an odd bunch of components, a chorus crank, record front derailleur and something else at the back. I was still hobbling about on two sticks when i picked it up and i wasn't too bothered.

Check out what brakes they offer. Mine came with Condor own brand not Veloce.

Personally if i had my time again i might try out the Sram rather than the campo. On the web the Sram is much dearer than the Veloce.

i also agree with joggingbob. Go at a quieter time, particularly with the new shop opening. You'll get much better attention mid afternoon and morning.

lastly choose one in yellow, then they're be at least two of on that colour.;)

OP
OP
Bugner

Bugner

IWF, thanks for the info

Was going to go for the SRAM Rival spec and definately getting it in Yellow:biggrin:.

When I popped in last week, the fella who was serving me printed me off the Spec list for the SRAM and 105, I did notice that brakes were unbranded. Are they any good? do they have the quick release lever?

Did you upgrade any bits?

PS. If you need somebody to ensure that your Fratello stays in working order, I would be more than happy to babysit and take it out daily for you, whilst you are unable to ride:tongue:

Tynan

Veteran
late

yes, my first road bike but it's delivered everything I wanted, very comf on the London roads, the difference in smooth between it and my previous alu hybrids was lovely, even on 23s it glides along

rack, guards and pannier every single day year round and it's been excellent for me, of late I've been getting much fitter and stronger and I can hammer along at 25mph quite happily on it, I could barely afford it and got Xenon and only upgraded the wheels to handbuilt Mavic Open Pros, their tip if I could afford one thing

on better wheels now and mostly Veloce drivetrain, still very happy with it, it seems to cope equally well with commute and longer rides, perhaps a bit pricey but Condor are helpful, everyone that has one seems to like it, a good all rounder i think

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Bugner said:
Thanks for all the posts. I think I will be putting an order in for a Fratello in a couple of weeks time. Going to wait until Condor re-opens with their bigger showroom and arrange a test ride.
And they're open today :becool: Sounds busy,too :becool:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:ohmy: It's arrived :biggrin:

Came yesterday afternoon, so unpacked it, set it up, attached pedals, pumped tyres etc and had a wee spin in the evening. :biggrin:

First impressions
Good:
- it feels a lot lighter and seems quicker than my old (circa 1985) Peugot Aspin 12 vitesses - though this isn't hard :laugh:
- much smoother, with less road buzz/vibration
- SRAM (Rival) gears are very easy to use (I've only ever used downtube shifters before)
- gears, brakes etc were all correctly set up straight out of the box

Not So Good:
- no user manuals, instruction booklets nor set up notes
- can't get gears 8/9/10 when on small chainring :sad: Front derailleur seems very narrow

Had another short spin this afternoon into a strong headwind - lightness was apparent, though not uncomfortably so.

I'm doing a couple of longer rides on Friday/Saturday, so will post further after I recover from those :smile:

skwerl

scoosh said:
:smile: It's arrived :laugh:

Came yesterday afternoon, so unpacked it, set it up, attached pedals, pumped tyres etc and had a wee spin in the evening. :biggrin:

First impressions
Good:
- it feels a lot lighter and seems quicker than my old (circa 1985) Peugot Aspin 12 vitesses - though this isn't hard :biggrin:
- much smoother, with less road buzz/vibration
- SRAM (Rival) gears are very easy to use (I've only ever used downtube shifters before)
- gears, brakes etc were all correctly set up straight out of the box

Not So Good:
- no user manuals, instruction booklets nor set up notes

Had another short spin this afternoon into a strong headwind - lightness was apparent, though not uncomfortably so.

I'm doing a couple of longer rides on Friday/Saturday, so will post further after I recover from those ;)

Do me a favour. Have a look at my thread in Know-How re trim on the Rival front mech and let me know your thoughts

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=36754

Tynan

Veteran
10 speed chain init

my front shifter is very narrow, it's the one thing that has been a bit fiddly, it has to be set just right

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Completed a 80km(ish) ride this arvo, mostly into a strong (20mph+) headwind and the bike feels great :smile: - and so do I :thumbsup:. Very comfy bike.

I'm still getting used to the gears but the brakes seem very good and easy to use from almost any position. Fitting set-up is still being tweaked but thus far - a Happy Bunny :thumbsup:

With all my posts it should be borne in mind that this is my first bike without downtube shifters, first with brakes that work :tongue: and first that is specifically set up for my size etc.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:becool: WELL DONE !;)
I'm sure you will love it, just like I am getting to (dreadful grammar but ... Hey :laugh:)

I had a wee 'mechanical' during my 100km ride on Saturday. The front derailleur hanger had slipped down about 1cm, causing the derailleur itself to jam in the big ring. Couldn't change gear at all. Passing cyclist had the 5mm allen key I didn't :blush:, pulled it back to place, tightened it up well - sorted, Happy Bunny :smile:

On the positive side, I felt comfy (Brooks saddle :smile:) no worries with the hills (1 of 250m over 15%) [50/34 and 12-27] and, apart from some numb hands, a very pleasant experience.

I specced deep drop bars, as my hands are quite big and I have had trouble with my right wrist. I would recommend checking out the bars to ensure there is not too much weight on the bottom of the wrist when on the 'ergo' bit of the bars - remembering that gloves/mitts will make the hands 'bigger'.

HTH and I'll post if anything else happens ....
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Bugner

Bugner

Scoosh, also went for Compact with 12-27 and went with Oversize bars as that is what I am used to.

I have got a 150k Audax on 19th July, so I am hoping, if I am lucky that it might be ready by then.

Tynan

Veteran
they sensibly slightly under promise and over deliver so expect it be ready earlier than they say, spec if they put del date back

Top Bottom