Confused

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to work for a chain store and their returns policy was NO return of unwanted goods just an exchange or credit note (all in accordance with law) a sign was displayed but I had many arguments with customers upholding this rule when they felt the policy was illegal. My current employer (a lot smaller company) says if it was definitely bought (and not nicked) and returned perfect and unused then refund it as they feel 'a no return policy' loses a customer for life 'a bring it back if it isn't right' policy gains a customer for life. Being behind the till I know which policy I prefer (the latter far more friendly and less confrontational.)

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a difference between something not being right and the same item found cheaper after buying it.
Unused or not. In a price difference, the only thing "not quite right" is the fact that you found it cheaper later.

How many would take something back because they'd found the same item dearer after buying it?

You can understand the OP's position. The shop should have the same prices in shop as they do online. Unless they are very clear on this point online and in shop. They are just competing against themselves anyway and upsetting customers!! IME business is all about a satisfied customer who wishes to return. Not only return but recommend to friends too.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
There was a TV programme a week or so ago highlighting ways to get discounts in-store or up to 50% (depending on the shop). One technique was to say "I have seen this product online for £____. Would you meet this price?"

MrsAF bought me a rather nice pair of sidis last year. She bought them on line for what seemed a very good price.
I had actually been looking at the exact same shoes on a different site, and they were £40 cheaper. Contacted the seller she had bought from and asked them to price match. They refused, shoes were returned and a refund obtain and then re ordered from the other site. They lost a sale, the wife was £40 better off and I got a rather nice pair of shoes a result for us i think.

Top Bottom