Congratulations to Mark Beaumont

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
What an incredible achievement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41308524

_97851787_beaumont.jpg

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I hope a tv show gets made of this achievement .. pretty darn awesome .. :bicycle:

jhawk

Veteran
Huge congratulations to the man. He passed right through where I live. Unfortunately, I was unable to meet up with him, as when I checked the live tracker he was headed this way, when I checked it again ten minutes later, he was gone! :eek:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
And to think that he doesn't view himself as a cyclist.

After his 2008 record ride, he said the bicycle was just a tool and he wasn't a keen cyclist.

He's a top bloke, I spent a couple of hours riding around the Tour of Britain course with him, in London, a couple of years back ( undoubtedly the pinnacle of his riding life). I look forward to hearing what he's going to do next.

bpsmith

Veteran
Superb effort. He smashed the previous record, but I particularly liked the fact that he managed to keep it just under the 80 days mark.

MikeG

Guru
Brilliant effort. Is he the only guy in history to ride around the word twice?

As an aside, does anyone know the rules for what constitutes "around the world"? Could someone beat him by riding considerably fewer miles?

Brilliant effort. Is he the only guy in history to ride around the word twice?

As an aside, does anyone know the rules for what constitutes "around the world"? Could someone beat him by riding considerably fewer miles?
Minimum 18000 miles, with at least one point in each Hemisphere.

MikeG

Guru
Minimum 18000 miles, with at least one point in each Hemisphere.

Thanks. The "one point in each hemisphere" bit isn't onerous. The 18,000 miles. Yeah, well, that's something of a hurdle. It's approximately 3/4 of the circumference of the earth at the equator. I might have to give it a miss this week.......

Thanks. The "one point in each hemisphere" bit isn't onerous. The 18,000 miles. Yeah, well, that's something of a hurdle. It's approximately 3/4 of the circumference of the earth at the equator. I might have to give it a miss this week.......
Oddly, it looks like I'm very likely to get 18000 miles done this year. According to my 'Strava' profile, I'm at 15000 miles, with 3.5 months to go :eek::bicycle::hyper:

Top Bottom