Considering a fixie...which one?!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TUBZ69

Über Member
I've ridden a mates a few times an quite like the way they wrk... I've got a giant scr3.0 atm.... But I'm considering a fixy. However it cannot be a home made job, ie it's gota be comercially manufactured ( charge, trek district. Fixie Inc etc ) Because I will get it on the "cycle to work" scheme.
what is a good make?
Thanx T

colinr

I've a Giant Bowery and I'm very pleased with it. I also think the Cannondale Capo looks great but apparently it's just singlespeed.

Rhys_Po

What's your budget?

I'm *STILL* drooling over this (Steel framed Specialized Langster ... only due in November though).

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

specialized-langster-steel-2010-road-bike.jpg

djb1971

Legendary Member
buy a langster for under £400*. Thrash the tits of it and get most of your money back when you sell it in 2 years.

They're light and quick and better than most of the modern steel ( gas pipe ) bikes . Don't let the 'it hasn't got a horizontal top tube' brigade put you off, they ride great. Everyone I know with one loves it.

You can then spend the £600 you've saved on women and drink!!

* you may get one nearer £300 in a months time when they want to shift stock to make room for 2010 kit

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohh..£1k.......where do you live......

Here is my beastie..... CTW, custom spec'ed....all built up, neither me or the LBS knew the final price....until finished (i.e. CTW flexibility....)...the red one here.....

DSCF3429.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
My fixed has the same frame as Fossyants, and the Pearson.
Ill put a pic up of it tomorrow, when ive got an updated one.
Its a very nice bike, i got the frame and forks, and built the rest up myself, and its a very nice bike. Stood up well to what ive put it through. I like it, its my main bike. Bike for training, did TTs on it, and commuting to work.
Oh and riding around relaxing on

Tharg2007

Veteran
djb1971 said:
You can then spend the £600 you've saved on women and drink!!

and waste the rest :evil:

How about treating yourself to a Bob Jackson 631 frame and forks and a decent set of wheels. Pick a colour you like and get matching tyres for it :rofl:
3855893936_24bdbe437e_b.jpg

Top Bottom