Contador fails drug test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Contador had threatened to retire if he was banned - well Bertie?
I mentioned this on another forum and was told that he only said he would pack it all in if he got a two year ban. My answer was "So, if it's a one year ban he'll pack it all in just a bit?" :biggrin:

yello

It's not over yet I suspect

I suspect you're right
sad.gif

Depending on what date the ban starts, Contador could be riding the vuelta this year (August 20). I wonder if that figured in the thinking?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Seems odd to me - if he's deemed to be guilty then it should be 2 years and if innocent, then nothing.

Spanish Federation recommendation of a one year ban, I don't understand it either - why a reduced ban?

http://www.saxobanksungard.com/ny_news.asp?lang=uk&n_id=3036

Edit: usual trick of going to last page read and not last page, although the link has been posted before it does say recommended ban and not definite!

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Either he's guilty and gets 2 years (and quits)

Or

He's innocent and gets nothing

To me this is BS and is just going to run and run .

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
So, does Contador retain his TdF win with this verdict or will we see Schlek moved into the no1 slot?

Just spotted gb155's post - interesting as Schlek as a statement / interview on Cyclingnews

http://www.cyclingne...-tour-de-france

Too much of a co-incidence to be posted on 26 Jan.

With regard to the Schlek interview, I have seen this interview before, sometime last year, this is a rehashed job, maybe to cause a bit of mischief?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I suspect you're right
sad.gif

Depending on what date the ban starts, Contador could be riding the vuelta this year (August 20). I wonder if that figured in the thinking?
What do you think????? I mean, really...

Wasn't an Italian rider given just 12 months for Clembuterol?

The Guardian report said the Italian got one year because he'd been eating meat in Argentina. Looks like the veterinary evidence is going to be vital in this case! Bring on Rolf Harris...:biggrin:

kennykool

As I am gutted he has been found guilty i still dont understand why CHEATS dont just get banned for life!!! would cut all this nonsense out for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigger

Über Member
Re the 1 year ban thing.

Isn't there some discussion at the beginning of the thread? I think its a 2 year ban unless the rider can prove that the substance was not knowingly taken, in which case its reduced to 1 year. He can't escape the ban. It was his responsibility to be free of clenuterol and its zero tolerance. The so-called lack of intention mitigates it to a 1 year ban.

Edit: Meant to say - this means they accept the contaminated beef excuse. This was always going to be the case since the plasticizer testing isn't validated yet and the quantity of clenbuterol was too low to have been taken as a performance enhancer during the tour.

Its taken a long time for the only logical outcome.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's taken a long time to reach this decision and whether it's one year or finally two years is irrelevant, the losers are the sport of cycling itself and the fans. Personally I get no pleasure in seeing Contador's career in tatters!!!!!!!!!

yello

Personally I get no pleasure in seeing Contador's career in tatters!

It's not really in tatters. He'll be back, probably for the vuelta. One GT a year is business as usual for some riders. If this one year ban suggests acceptance of the tainted meat excuse then he's not even officially a doper, just someone who wasn't careful enough. (No, I don't buy it either!)

But I don't think it's over yet; we've got a pissing contest to come I reckon. (There has to be a joke in their somewhere about samples!)

Top Bottom