Continental Diesel MTB tyres 62-559 / 26" x 2.5 (lightly used) deadstock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RamoRuon

Continental Diesel MTB tyres 62-559 / 26" x 2.5 (lightly used) deadstock

Bought these in Winter 2011 for riding in snow. They went on the bike (a disc-spec Subway) but the chainstays were marginally too narrow so rubbed the rear tyre slightly (see pic below where the wear is visible on the logo).

Probably did the sum total of 6 miles before being hung up, waiting for a bike with bigger chainstay clearance (that never came, of course!). They looked beastly on, but there was no point ruining them.

Conti no longer make these, though the Wiggle page is still up if you'd like to read the blurb.

£15 for the pair. Collection from Manchester (M8) is preferred, please. If you're happy to pay postage, we can arrange but I woudn't be surprised if it was north of a fiver extra (I've never posted tyres before so don't know).

If you'd like more pics, let me know and I can PM.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2

upandover

Guru
Hello, You don't happen to work in the Centre at all, do you?

(I'm in Manchester on Thursday, but on the train.). I'd also need to measure...

OP
OP
RamoRuon

RamoRuon

Hiya, yes, I work about a 5 minute bike ride from the City Centre, so I can meet you at Picc/Vic/Oxford Rd/Deansgate, as you like :smile:.

As for measurement:

i) that Wiggle page above - had I bothered to check properly when I bought - states that any bike should have 80mm clearance. Might save you a bit of time/effort checking that first.

ii) the ETRTO is 62-559. In old money, that equates to 26" x 2.5 .

iii) if you'd like other measurements, feel free to bring along your calipers/tape measure ^_^

If you'd still like to arrange a meeting, drop me a PM with the time and location that works best for you, as well as a contact number :okay:

upandover

Guru
Excellent, thank you. Apologies too - I meant to say, measure my bike based on the 8cm.

I'll do that as soon as I'm home tonight. I'm visiting a charity in M8 0NE actually in the day, and I'll be going there/home through one of those train stations, so that should work just fine.

I'll let you know as soon as I've measured. :smile:

Thanks
James

upandover

Guru
Thank you. I'm now home, and unfortunately, they don't fit (just). I'm amazed at how much bigger they are than my 2" knobblies.

Thanks, and sorry to take your time.

Top Bottom