Continental GP5000 cheapest place to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozz360

Veteran

OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
They are showing at £43.99 for me?

Lozz360

Veteran
I received mine just two weeks ago for £36.50 with free delivery. It appears they are indeed £43.99 now. Apologies for wasting your time. It looks like your deal from Merlin Cycles is perhaps the best at the moment.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sportpursuit have them @ £34.99 but they charge £4.99…but they do have lots of lovely cycling kit so you could add more new kit to your order to negate the shipping)
(and you don’t end up with any of those horrid Conti tubes :laugh:)

Have you tried Google shopping?

Last edited:

dodgy

Sportpursuit have them @ £34.99 but they charge £4.99…but they do have lots of lovely cycling kit so you could add more new kit to your order to negate the shipping)
(and you don’t end up with any of those horrid Conti tubes :laugh:)

Have you tried Google shopping?
yup, in stock at Sportpursuit also. Worth registering an account and you two can do the referral thing and get £5 *

* Of course i could offer my referral code, but you were there first :okay::becool:

vickster

Legendary Member
Good point, @Spiderweb I can PM a code ;)

dodgy

Most of the complaints about Conti tubes seems to be down to them letting air out over a shortish time. This is because they have removable valves and often they arrive with the valves loose, they need nipping up with a pair of pliers. Since I learned that, I have had no trouble with them at all.

Mr Celine

Discordian
They are sized very differently from their predecessor, the GP4000s2. The 25mm GP4000 measures 27mm wide on my Ambrosio 14mm rims. The GP5000 25mm measured 23.7mm wide on the same rims. It was too uncomfortable, I had to replace it with a 28mm, which measures 26.8mm wide, ie the new 28mm tyre is narrower than the old 25mm. :wacko:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Top Bottom