Converting road bike into TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

Proper geometry?

Ribble REACTT seems to be on top of my list. Properly cheap for a TT bike, and ticks all my boxes. Not too bothered about weight, considering my weight.

Tin Pot

Guru
Proper geometry?

Ribble REACTT seems to be on top of my list. Properly cheap for a TT bike, and ticks all my boxes. Not too bothered about weight, considering my weight.

scott-plasma-premium-2016-tt-bike.jpg

Vs

Photo1370.jpg

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

That's not the same bike in after. This is:

a703147cbb98d8bdf24050bfe8d37e53.jpg

I have some 60mm Carbon wheels too. The bike in relatively similar spec (bar the chainset and wheels) is £649.99. That's ridiculously cheap. The frame is alu triangle and carbon forks and chain/seat stay. I think the geometry is suitably aggressive. The aero shape may well be different, but at a very amateur level, my engine is going to matter far more than any slippery frame.

Lol, it addictive ain't it ;-) My mods to the sportive bike circa £475 (disc cover, seat post, bars, stem) got me 1min 21secs compared to a normal road bike whereas a dedicated TT bike (circa £2k) based on its one outing slower overall by 10secs. And based on the good 9miles it'll only get me another 11-15secs.

Tin Pot

Guru
That's not the same bike in after. This is:

a703147cbb98d8bdf24050bfe8d37e53.jpg

I have some 60mm Carbon wheels too. The bike in relatively similar spec (bar the chainset and wheels) is £649.99. That's ridiculously cheap. The frame is alu triangle and carbon forks and chain/seat stay. I think the geometry is suitably aggressive. The aero shape may well be different, but at a very amateur level, my engine is going to matter far more than any slippery frame.

Nice looking bike.

I just get frustrated every time I spend five hours browsing the web to settle on the cheapest possible thing I can stand to ride only to realise the seat tube angle is only two degrees off my road bike. The head tube is lower but thats all I'm getting for x hundred pounds.

iggibizzle

Lol, it addictive ain't it ;-) My mods to the sportive bike circa £475 (disc cover, seat post, bars, stem) got me 1min 21secs compared to a normal road bike whereas a dedicated TT bike (circa £2k) based on its one outing slower overall by 10secs. And based on the good 9miles it'll only get me another 11-15secs.

What disc cover was it? Got told they are easily fitted to my sram s60 rear but thus far can't find any more info.

oldroadman

Veteran
Found an odd set of wheels on eBay. While thing owes me less than £500 ^_^

90A6512B-D405-4DD2-8786-807BA40FF7C2_zpstclf3zu8.jpg
Possibly the oddest (and ugliest) position I've seen since being at a triathlon. Saddle will just let you slide forward all the time, and lose energy pushing back up again (you do this without realising). What's the time trial rules about seat position anyway? UCI say flat within a couple of degrees and 5cm back from the vertical through the BB axle. Presumably the dinosaurs don't bother about that, or the amazingly horrible long compression socks?

Top Bottom