Cooker hoods...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
If you are talking about me ... the damn glass plate is at about 5' 10 " from the kitchen floor, which is level with my eyes. I leaned forward to look at what was cooking and the edge of the plate smacked me across the top of my nose on one occasion, and my forehead another couple of times. It isn't so much of a hazard when the fan is switched on because the thing is so loud that I cannot possibly be unaware that the hood is there.

coz it's you Col and I know you can be a bit dopey :whistle: the point was about RichP being short not others being tall, tired old joke I know, but Rich would be disappointed if I wasn't so predictable

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We've put a heat exchanger fan in the bathroom as it was having mould problems. We have to change the levels in summer and winter else it doesn't switch off boost mode on wet summer days. We've yet to do the kitchen so I'm watching this thread with interest. Thank you @rich p for starting such an interesting thread;) Could we discuss doors next, as I need to know about them and sinks:biggrin:
Summerdays, are you sure it isn't a humidity controlled fan... a heat exchanger doesn't react to humidity levels.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Summerdays, are you sure it isn't a humidity controlled fan... a heat exchanger doesn't react to humidity levels.
It's a Vent Axia, and I'm fairly sure it's some kind of heat exchanger, though I would have to ask Mr Summerdays to be sure. I know that there is a setting inside the fan (which means you have to almost take it apart to get to that part) which allows you to alter the humidity and that it runs continually at a low level, and that it boosts automatically when you have a shower. That could mean that it is just a humidity controlled fan of course:unsure:

Top Bottom