Cooking pot query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This was 100% debunked a good while ago , the aluminium salts came from the preservatives used also the results failed to reproduced anyway.

It does sadden me a little that things like this including the false autism and MMR connection seem to take forever to disappear .
And yet, the only time it was mentioned in this discussion was to debunk a claim that no-one made, wasn't it? Most of us minimising use of aluminium cookware are doing so because of the general reactivity of it and the availability of better alternatives. If you keep misattributing that to a reason it's not, just because someone mentioned they spotted it on Google, then of course you're going to think it takes forever to disappear! :rolleyes:

To save me weaving back upthread what are the better alternatives for camping/bike touring use mjr?

Declaration of interest - I use steel at home and aluminium on tour.

Well actually I sometimes these days use one of my spare small Trangia pans at home as well. Very efficient.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To save me weaving back upthread what are the better alternatives for camping/bike touring use mjr?
Sorry I'm in a bit of a rush so I'm not going to look upthread either, but I'd probably go for steel-faced camping cookware or a stoneware-faced one if I wanted non-stick and there's a camping version yet. Enamel was the old-school option but I'm not sure how widely available it is any more.

Ah steel faced.

I have a trangia duossal frying pan stored away but never used.

Seemed like a good idea.

Phased out for some reason.

I have no real problems with aluminium though.

My Trangia aluminium gets regular use.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Always happy enough with aluminum. Light enough, durable enough for my needs. The stove is where I end up endlessly experimenting. Although I love the Trangia. I had ordered a knock off the last time, but Mrs. GA (of Swedish background) changed the order to a full on Trangia.

Top Bottom