cool or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks good to me....I like it.

simon.r

Person
I quite like that. It looks like a standard Kalloy / Uno / Raleigh seatpost (nothing wrong with that). The problem is the price - at £43 it's double the cost of a seatpost and lamp bought separately and I suspect the light in the post wouldn't be as good as stand-alone lamp.

I'd buy one as a back-up if the price was significantly less.

(Edit - it'd be no good if using a seat-pack attached to the saddle rails).

Like the idea .......... just as long as it proved a bit more durable than the "normal" add-ons (I have no idea how many lights I have - I've got loads stored in a cardboard box :sad:; all bust)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I like that, but it would be obscured by any luggage on the rack.

Also, it assumes a certain amount of seat post clear of the seat tube. I don't have anything like that much showing on any of my bikes. Oh, except the Brom.

Easier to just bung on a couple of backup lights (the sort with elastic fixings that fit any tube) - available for a few quid for a front and rear pair. Or a rear light from the poundshop....

It would look good on the rear of my trailers though. May need to look into that.

I've got a string of red Xmas tree lights from the poundshop, running off a couple of AA's, which could probably be adapted into a tube....

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Also, it assumes a certain amount of seat post clear of the seat tube. I don't have anything like that much showing on any of my bikes. Oh, except the Brom.
Didn't know you had a Brompton, Arch :whistle:

Me no likey, for the same reasons as mentioned above. I'd much rather a rear light that can be seen from any angle so it can be easily fitted to any type of saddle bag

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm sure it'll appeal to certain cyclists, who can't bear the extra 'clutter' of a rear light, and who have money to spend. Personally, I prefer lights I can transfer from bike to bike easily, and attach to any part of the bike or any pannier/bag/coat...

(Hence, I love the little LEDs that attach with rubber or elastic loops. Very very versatile.)

Top Bottom