cool or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikki

Legendary Member
I've got a string of red Xmas tree lights from the poundshop, running off a couple of AA's, which could probably be adapted into a tube....
I have a 10 metre length of LEDs at 10 cm intervals (i.e. 100 LEDs) from the cheap shop on the table next to me. Young lady of the house intends to decorate the frangipani tree for Christmas.

They are solar powered, but use the equivalent of one AA battery. I'm thinking of wrapping a bike up in these for our street party.

simon.r

Person
*Thinks*

Back in the day there were tales of weight obsessed MTB'ers who would drill holes in components to shave a few grams off the weight of their bike.

There were also tales of components snapping.

I do hope the designers of this have considered that.

Arch

Married to Night Train
*Thinks*

Back in the day there were tales of weight obsessed MTB'ers who would drill holes in components to shave a few grams off the weight of their bike.

There were also tales of components snapping.

I do hope the designers of this have considered that.

I saw, and regret to this day not getting a photo of, a BSO (not even a Halfords BSO, but a discount motor parts store type BSO) with Full S'pension, that had had holes drilled in the frame. I didn't have a camera with me,and hoped I'd see it again. Alas, I haven't. The holes were relatively big - 8-10mm diameter. And rusty.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm sure it'll appeal to certain cyclists, who can't bear the extra 'clutter' of a rear light, and who have money to spend. Personally, I prefer lights I can transfer from bike to bike easily, and attach to any part of the bike or any pannier/bag/coat...

(Hence, I love the little LEDs that attach with rubber or elastic loops. Very very versatile.)
While clearing out today I found a set of lights for your Raleigh Jeep.
They do take C cells though.
DSC_1024.jpg
DSC_1025.jpg

I also found a horn for your bike.
(Video, and you will need sound.)
th_MOV_1023.jpg

There is a second one but it needs a new rubber bulb.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's an expensive solution to a cheap problem,

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
2187842 said:
There was a day before that when roadies did the same thing.

I remember reading a Boy's Own or Eagle where whatsisname, that sporty lad drilled his racing bicycle frame full of holes to lighten it for a race. That would have been a 50s magazine I guess although I read 20 years later. Anyway does that count as it's not quite real life?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
2188109 said:
Is that the one otherwise known as The holy hand grenade of Antioch?

Yep, I went into mourning when I couldn't find mine earlier this year.

I slaughtered a goat to celebrate their finding.

Top Bottom