Coping with loss of testosterone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh? Tell me more....

NickM said:
I might be revealing an unusual degree of innocence for a chap my age... but what is the point of fisting, anyway? Unless you're a gynaecologist, that is...

I suspect Dom's in a state of denial!

I can't for the life of me see how any pleasure can be derived from such an activity. Nor from the other ones Dom mentioned.
Each to their own, I suppose . . . !;)

NickM said:
I might be revealing an unusual degree of innocence for a chap my age... but what is the point of fisting, anyway? Unless you're a gynaecologist, that is...

Um well by all accounts the male gspot can be found somewhere up the rectum. So I guess the activity in question reaches the parts other....er....appendages/apparati cannot...yeuch.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
NickM said:
I've heard it's all the rage with puppeteers....;)

Slim

Über Member
NickM said:

Her "Ouch, your fingernail hurts!!"

Him "That's not my fingernail, that's my watch strap"

;)

(Gets coat and heads for the door)

bobg

Über Member
RR - If you do see the doc, ask him to to a check on your thyroid. Its just another "tick box" on the form they use when they take blood for other routine tests. An inactive thyroid will make you tired, listless but it creeps up on you. It's fixed with pills and makes a huge difference to your state of mind as well as your desire to do energetic things - which will tone up the muscles obviously. Sure worked for me. A year ago I wouldnt have dreamed of the miles I'm putting or the gym and swim etc... its a life changer.. and worth checking out.

col

Legendary Member
RR,dont go the drugs way,unless your doc advises it,and barring any medical reason,just adjust your diet,and get active,as well as the proper rest.My step dad was mid fifties when he started training at the gym,he had tachycardia,high blood presure,and had other problems,with knowledgable guidance and sensible progressive training,and the right amount of rest,as well as a boost in positive attitude,he eleviated a lot of his problems.
This is just one example,myself could be another,my energy levels were low,i had high blood pressure,motivation was zilch.I also got active,adjusted my diet to more healthy things,and within a couple of weeks my bp was normal,my energy was better,still struggling with the motivation though;)I had become motivated enough to change my job too,which was the start of it all for me.
Get a good once over by your gp first.

mangaman

Speaking as a doc I think you need to have your testosterone level checked. It's a simple blood test

It can be low although this pretty rare and not part of a "male menopause" but if it is low it needs replacing with a paych or gel

This should make you feel better, and will help to prevent you getting osteoporosis which you would ne at risk of with a low testosterone

If it is not low then extra testosterone will do more harm than good

Also as others have said they will probably check for other causes of your symptoms eg anaemia / thyroid

Smeggers

STOP PRESS: In shock news today, it was found that somebody on CycleChat actually does KNOW what they are talking about. ;)

yenrod

Smeggers said:
STOP PRESS: In shock news today, it was found that somebody on CycleChat actually does KNOW what they are talking about. ;)

Yes, thats me - but nobody else seems to :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

EH! WHO ELSE TAKES THE p@ss OUTTA THEMSELVES ON HERE! - ALL TOO BLEEDIN SERIOUS YOU LOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Rigid Raider said:
This will be familiar to any blokes in their mid-forties...
You are making a huge negative assumption there RR! I went straight through my forties without noticing any health or fitness problems that weren't self-inflicted, and I have several friends of my age who did the same.

When I eat and drink too much and don't ride my bike enough, I get fat and listless.

When I look after myself, watch my diet, cut back on the beer, and do lots of cycling I become slim and muscular again, with lots of energy.

Rigid Raider said:
I've just tuned 52 and although I'm fit I find that my muscles are wasting away, my once firm pecs are turning to boobs, I put on weight easily, my eye-to-hand coordination is deteriorating, I haven't got the energy I once had, I tire easily and I seldom get erections; all inevitable consequences of declining testosterone levels.
I'm also 52 and I've only seen a GP twice in the last 40 years, but if I had those problems I'd make an appointment immediately. As the doc said - see your doc!

Rigid Raider said:
It doesn't really bother me as I see it as part of growing old but I would like to maintain better muscle tone and bulk...
You have a rather odd view of 'old' RR! I know someone in his seventies who still races (and beats pretty handy riders in their fifties). I've met loads of really fit audax riders well into their seventies who have strong muscular bodies. Okay, they might be wrinkly and have varicose veins (:tongue:) but many of them are fitter than me and I can cope with hilly 200 km rides in the Yorkshire Dales.

If you look after yourself, and are lucky with your health you don't need to really get 'old' until nearer 80. I fully intend to be in late middle-age until I'm at least 75 ;)!

ChrisKH

Guru
ColinJ said:
You are making a huge negative assumption there RR! I went straight through my forties without noticing any health or fitness problems that weren't self-inflicted, and I have several friends of my age who did the same.

When I eat and drink too much and don't ride my bike enough, I get fat and listless.

When I look after myself, watch my diet, cut back on the beer, and do lots of cycling I become slim and muscular again, with lots of energy.

I'm also 52 and I've only seen a GP twice in the last 40 years, but if I had those problems I'd make an appointment immediately. As the doc said - see your doc!

You have a rather odd view of 'old' RR! I know someone in his seventies who still races (and beats pretty handy riders in their fifties). I've met loads of really fit audax riders well into their seventies who have strong muscular bodies. Okay, they might be wrinkly and have varicose veins (:smile:) but many of them are fitter than me and I can cope with hilly 200 km rides in the Yorkshire Dales.

If you look after yourself, and are lucky with your health you don't need to really get 'old' until nearer 80. I fully intend to be in late middle-age until I'm at least 75 ;)!

I was going to add early on that we are all different, our bodies are not necessarily equivalent and we will grow old differently. Comparison is not always helpful unless it is just RR who is feeling that way and everyone else is doing 40 miles a day commutes and s*3gg&6g 5 times a night (shoot, I hope not). Indeed some people may not wish to.

Colin, in the nicest possible way, if you mix with people who do 200km audaxes they aren't going to be slouches. :tongue: However I will take a pinch of your positive outlook on my cornflakes any day.

Top Bottom