Copper magnetic bracelets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
For many years I used to wake up with headaches in the morning and a friend suggested I try a copper magnetic bracelet. I bought åone off ebay for about a tenner and put it on with a large pose of scepticism.

That was about 2 years ago and I have been headaches free from day 1.

Has anybody else tried them and what have been the results?

Citius

Copper isn't magnetic? Anyway, did you try taking it off and see if the headaches come back...?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
For many years I used to wake up with headaches in the morning and a friend suggested I try a copper magnetic bracelet. I bought åone off ebay for about a tenner and put it on with a large pose of scepticism.

That was about 2 years ago and I have been headaches free from day 1.

Has anybody else tried them and what have been the results?

Oh I found a whole box of them in my loft the other day, from when I used to sell on ebay if you want anymore let me know :whistle:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Copper isn't magnetic? Anyway, did you try taking it off and see if the headaches come back...?

There are 6 magnets in the back of the bracelet.

Yes, I have taken it off for a couple of days and the morning headaches did come back. I used to think it was all mumbo jumbo, but therebis obviously something to it.

My father used to wear a magnetic bracelet to mitigate pain from arthritis and he reckoned it helped. He was the biggest sceptic out btw so I believe him - but its too late to ask if he did experiments. As Citius stated, Cu is not magnetic, but it had ferrous magnets in it.

subaqua

What’s the point
Placebo effect?

maybe, but apparently copper is supposed to be good for joint pain . one place i don't get any is in my fingers. being as i am a spark and am holding fairly pure copper in my hands most days there may be something in it.

it could also however be utter cobblers.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would say, if it works for you then it works for you.

Personally I was told to wear one for my very knackered knee, I did not feel a benefit.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Placebo effect?

Not if I take it off and it comes back. Before this I would say it was total nonesense. I had the same opinion about acupuncture until last year. Acupuncture was a revelation for me.

By the by. I am not flogging magnetic wristbands :0)

winjim

Smash the cistern
Can I ask, has everybody who says they do not tried them?
Saying they are placebo is not the same as saying they don't work. I doubt their mechanism, not necessarily their efficacy. If Steve finds they work for him that's great, I doubt they're doing him any harm. The placebo effect can be a wonderful, useful, powerful thing when properly harnessed.

NB. Please do not assume that my opinion in this case can be extrapolated to any other alternative medicine practices.

Top Bottom