Copper magnetic bracelets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Herself had a bad fall last winter, which seems to have induced rheumatoid arthritis. It was particularly severe in the hands, especially the right one. She got a plain copper bracelet, not magnetic. We noticed that, at first, heavy deposits of verdigris accumulated on the inside of it, and needed regular cleaning off. After a while, these deposits lessened, until they stopped altogether. This suggested to me that there was some interaction between the bracelet and the skin, which altered over time. I bought her another plain copper bracelet for the left wrist. Same story. Heavy deposits of green at first, gradually diminishing. And the first bracelet did seem to have a beneficial effect, although this could just be coincidence. One note of caution, though. The second bracelet, from a well-known pharmacy chain, was lacquered on the inside. I had to clean this off before it would cut down with polish. How it was supposed to have any effect with a lacquered inner surface, I don't know.

Padraig, I actually taped the Inside of my bracelet as I got fed up of washing the green off. I left the magnets exposed and it works for me.

Has the copper bracelet helped your wife?

Padraig

It seems to have. Thank goodness, the pain in the left hand has almost disappeared, while that in the right hand is very much better. Of course, no way of knowing if the bracelets were responsible.

subaqua

What’s the point
Utter rubbish i`m afraid.I am a plumber and obviuosly worked with copper all my life.Yet i have pain all over my body,back,knees,feet,shoulders.Nah,waste of time.Not sure about magnets though.

thats all the lying under sinks looking up the lady of the houses dress. then her jumping on you. or does that only happen in them "art house films" from the 70 s ;)

I often wonder why I don't get aches in my fingers/hand but every where else.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Yes IMO. Never ever underestimate the extraordinary power of the mind, including the subconscious mind, to influence the body.
I believe there are plenty of experiments that back this up. The placebo effect works whether or not you believe in it, and whether or not you know you're taking a placebo.

srw

If you're interested, at Boots you can literally buy a fanny magnet.
Good grief. I don't know which is worse - the fact that some women will spend nearly thirty quid on a magnet to stick in their knickers in the expectation that it'll make them feel better, or the fact that Boots is willing to sell it to them. Somewhere in that transaction someone is making an awful lot of money indeed - the raw materials probably cost less than 10p.

subaqua

What’s the point
Good grief. I don't know which is worse - the fact that some women will spend nearly thirty quid on a magnet to stick in their knickers in the expectation that it'll make them feel better, or the fact that Boots is willing to sell it to them. Somewhere in that transaction someone is making an awful lot of money indeed - the raw materials probably cost less than 10p.
@Fnaar is going to be along shortly

srw

The London homoeopathic hospital recently changed its name to the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine - alternative medicine is a respected part of the modern NHS. It will also sell you overpriced magic water tablets if you really want a placebo.

byegad

Legendary Member
I tried this as I'm an Arthritis (and muscle pain) sufferer. I'm afraid I noticed no difference between wearing it and, after two years, not wearing it.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur

Boots started by selling quack medicines. They're just continuing the grand tradition.

martint235

Dog on a bike
As I'm currently suffering from inexplicable arm pains, just assuming these work, would I need to wear it on the sore arm? Just that my watch is on that wrist.

classic33

Leg End Member
IIRC there is a compound in sweat which chelates Cu, facilitating transport through the skin.
Sweat & Copper
Image2.jpeg

swansonj

Guru
As I'm currently suffering from inexplicable arm pains, just assuming these work, would I need to wear it on the sore arm? Just that my watch is on that wrist.
Give that the mode of action is almost certainly placebo and nothing directly physical, you could wear it on your other arm, your ankle, your ear, or your willy, or just leave it in a drawer at home, and, provided you were equally persuaded of the effectiveness, it would be equally effective.
:rolleyes:

Top Bottom