Copper magnetic bracelets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
As I'm currently suffering from inexplicable arm pains, just assuming these work, would I need to wear it on the sore arm? Just that my watch is on that wrist.
Are they I explicable to a medical professional? I can't recall if you've seen a doctor or physio?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Are they I explicable to a medical professional? I can't recall if you've seen a doctor or physio?
At the moment yes. I was at the doctor yesterday. I've had full blood tests done which has eliminated most of the nasties thankfully. The doc says that although it's the bone and not the joint or the tendon, she wants to try anti inflammatories so I'm on what I think are huge doses of Indometacin for a week (I take one a day as a reactive to very painful gout, for this week I'm on 3 a day!!! :eek:).

I've to go back in a week and in the meantime my doc will be discussing with colleagues and people at the hospital.

vickster

Legendary Member
Good stuff.

Make sure you look after your gut with the indomethacin (horrid stuff, only NSAID that made me want to puke, didn't know they still had it)

Use ice as well for the inflammation, peas in teatowel for 15 minutes several times a day

Did she send you for an X-ray?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Good stuff.

Make sure you look after your gut with the indomethacin (horrid stuff, only NSAID that made me want to puke, didn't know they still had it)

Use ice as well for the inflammation, peas in teatowel for 15 minutes several times a day

Did she send you for an X-ray?
General feeling at the moment is that an xray won't really show anything up. I have a feeling an MRI is not far down the road.

I have a relatively good history with Indometacin, certainly better than the one with Naxoprofen. However only a day into taking a triple dose I have to admit to feeling quite sick. If it gets worse than this, I'll go back for a chat with the doc.

The real issue with my arm is that although it's painful, most of the time when it hurts I can just stop doing what ever it is I'm doing eg if it's resting on my leg or a desk I can just let it hang loose by my side and the pain goes away. However it's preventing proper cycling rides, I can just about cope with a 40 min commute but I can't imagine what a 6 or 7 hour ton would be like.

martint235

Dog on a bike
If it's the bone why won't X-ray show anything? MRI more for soft tissues
Doc seems to believe an xray will just show a solid bone. As there's nothing yukky lurking in my blood profile, she doesn't think it will show up anything else.

Arm hasn't been knocked or banged on anything to cause a bone chip etc and pain has now been going on for around 5-6 weeks.

Top Bottom